Chapter 6

Thanks to the readers that voted in the last chapter! It's really appreciated:)
TW: Slight Smut, toning it down since they're only 15 and I don't wanna get canceled 🙃. (I'm a minor myself so 😅)
On with the story!

"Quit banging on the door, Mara, no-one can hear us."
"I have to try! Plus, how would you know if no one could hear us?!"
"I asked the casita to make my room soundproof."
"Well that's just great, Camilo."
"Well, hey. On the bright side, you can tell me what the hellyou were poking me for at breakfast."
Mara sighed, walked over and sat beside Camilo on his bed.
"You have no idea how weird stuff has been since yeaterday. It's confusing. And all of it's happening so fast. Making me go loca. "
Camilo looked at her as she talked, and found his face growing hot again with the reminder that they were alone.
On a bed.
In a soundproof room.

Quickly looking away, he laughed awkwardly.
"Well, we're best friends, right? You can tell me anything."
Mara sighed and smiled to herself.
"I'm glad I can. But, Camilo, I can't just talk on and on about myself. How are you doing? Are you still feeling...yourself?"
She was repeating the same question from yesterday.
The question Camilo liked to avoid.
"You know I don't want to talk about it."
"Cam, please. You can't just ignore what happened. I told you to take a break from shapeshifting."
"And look where that got you with Abuela. You can't just throw yourself into trouble like that for me, Mara."
"But you need to-"
"I mean it."
Mara sighed, and placed her hand on his.
"Whenever you want to talk, you know you can just... come to me or whatever. No matter what, I'm still your best friend, Camilo."

His heart was beating faster than ever. He turned away from her.
"Cam? You ok?" Mara asked, a look of concern painted on her face.

"Do you remember what I said? Yesterday in the nursery?"
"What, the corny love confession that you were practicing on me?"
"Yeah. That one."
"What about it?"
"I wasn't practicing."
"What?"
Mara was still holding his hand.

"I said, I wasn't practicing."

Then he turned around, his face still red, and kissed her.

Mara eyes widened, then slowly closed, taking it in.

Camilo broke off the kiss, heart still hammering in his chest, as he looked into Mara's eyes .

Then he realised what he'd done.

"Mara, I'm so sorry, I should've asked-"
"You just kissed me."
Mara seemed to be staring into space, high from what still happened.
"Yeah. I guess I did. I couldn't help myself." Camilo joked, trying to lighten the mood.

Mara stared back at him for a second, and pulled him for another kiss, a feverish,desperate one, one that knocked him over onto the bed.

They broke it off, panting and staring at eachother. Mara was on top , Camilo lying on the bed.

"Dios, eres hermosa, Mara."
Camilo whispered, staring up at Mara.
She smiled, whispering
"Lo se hermosa, Camilo."
And he kissed her, again and again and again, on her forehead, cheeks and hands.
And finally her lips.
"Camilo, stop it." Mara said, giggling.
"Or what? I can't help it Mara, estoy enamorado de ti y es emocionante."

He started to kiss her neck, slowly, and started to suck on it, gently at first, then he sucked on the skin more violently, smiling at the mark he had left behind when he pulled away.
"Cam, someone will notice-"
"It doesn't matter. We're here now, cariño."
"I-"
"What happened? Lost your bite?"
She paused, smirking up at him.
"Never, cambiaformas."
They were kissing again, hungry for each other, hungry for more.
"Cam~"
Then they heard the room door swing open.
"I knew you guys were gonna kiss eventually,  but damn, you two really went all out."
It was Dolores,  with her hands on her  hips and a smug look written all over her face.

Mara knew that Camilo would never hear the end of this.

"Dolores, please don't-"
"Don't worry, baby brother, I won't tell mamà. That's  too cruel, even for you. "
Dolores turned to Mara.
"As for you, Mara, you might need to cover up  that el moretón , you'll have the whole Encanto gossiping. Plus, you have a guest."

"A-a guest? Who?"

"It's Marià. She's back."

                                                   *****
Now, reader, you may be asking yourself,
Who is Marià?
Well, you'll get to know.
In the next chapter, that is.