n a r c i s s u s

hi y'all. note * marks here and there, the sentence(s) which are marked with * are inspired from other books + sitcoms
(mentioned at the end of the chapter)

Narcissus : flower; denotes unrequited love.

Hobbledehoy, an akward teenager, one who is perpetually ungainly and uncertain

I was one. Definitely. But how would you react a boy, no matter how gorgeous, told you to undress? Akward much?

"Say what now?"

Xavier exhales a bit, and even if he's annoyed by me, he doesn't show it.

"You have to take off your clothes-"

"Atleast take me out to dinner first, Xavier." I quip.

Seeing his very confused expression, I continue, "Kidding, by the way, what is this place? If you personify this place, it would totally be material girl!"

No expression from his side. Man, if only I was like this and this would come particular helpful in arguments- I wouldn't cry eveytime someone raised their voice by a decibel.

"There's a room in the back where you can find some of my sister's old clothes to change into." His face still blank, and his monotonous voice doesn't give

"What if there are cameras?"

"There are no cameras."

"I can't possibly believe that. Give my trust issues some credibility, dude."

He just seemed to shake his head, briefly closed his eyes and exhaled softly. I don't know if it was because of the scowl that seemed to have taken residence on his face 24/7 (save for the time when he quarter smiled or one-eight smiled), or it was his slightly wet crewneck sweater that made my eyes just zero on him. Something in my brain always set off, and told me to give my undivided attention to him (particularly difficult task since my grandma always tells me I have the attention span of a monkey, which is true). It probably was a normal reaction from everyone who's in his presence, because this human just exude assertiveness and dominance with every step.

Me on the other hand? I'm definitely the one who prepares long arguments with factual points in the shower, only to chicken out while facing the person I'm arguing with, and also the kinda gal to cry everytime. For no reason. Too sensitive.

It was cool.

However, Xavier was not cool. Both situationally and literally. Because he was very much annoyed with me and literally, well, he was..hot.

His high cheekbones and sharp jaw accentuated by the low dim light coming from a lamp, few strands of his dark, wet hair falling on his hair and the rain drops falling down his face and caressing his features, all made him look gorgeous.