a p e r t u r e

aperture: the opening in the lens, restricts how much light reaches the image sensor [opening themselves to the other person]

vote and comment GUYS!

Sofia's pov:

Lacuna, blank space/missing part

The black space in my life is filled by smut.

"So you are not a dirty little slut? Let me spread your legs see how wet y-"

"Sofia, you bloody wanker! How many times do I have to repeat myself? Feet not on ground, cell in lost and found!"

Archibald Brimble (that is his real name, not an exotic undercover name) is the most hotheaded British male I've come in contact till now- that bloody wanker is more British than names like Thomas and phrases like 'Bo'Oh'O'Wa'er'. He was the floor supervisor at Mario's, the town's only departmental store where I take up some shifts.

The 25 year old blonde had some very strict rules about not using phones at work. He made a rule that if anyone was found on their cells during their shift, he would make us smell Old Gerald's socks (our sweet 72 year old announcer who probably hasn't washed his feet since the Great Old Times) and as a bonus, detain our phones for the rest of the day.
However after a very sweet and seductive request from Maria Jameson, who was his alleged crush, the punishment was immediately revoked but the threat lingered in the air.

I am a brainless creature, but still, I am a human.

I was assigned to take over the stationery and utensils counter, a place where you get the best WIFI connectivity.

So naturally, I was reading my Erotica novel online. It was about 2 assassins trying to kill each other- classic enemies to lovers.

I'm in an enemies to lovers trope with myself, it seems I'm stuck in the enemies part.

"Brimble, look around. Store's empty. Now, let me catch up on my reading."

Oh, yes- I have the advantage that my grandma is close friends with Mario- the store's owner. And I am not afraid to use it.
"Keep your cell down, otherwise you will man the cash counter with Gerald."

Ew, god no. I mean, he is sweet and I have conversations with him. But at a distance- a safe distance. The man stinks.

"Point taken, Brimble. By the way, how was your date with Johannes Leafington?"

Yes, he's a bi king.

But he didn't go any date. Because Johannes Leafington doesn't exist.

He pulled me aside earlier and threatened me to ask this question loudly (to be fair- he did give me the liberty to choose any name), so that Maria could hear and be jealous. They both had a crush on each other, but wanted the other person to initiate.

Ah, young love.

Brimble smiled at me, mouthing thanks twat, and began to say in exaggerated tones how perfect the date was. Maria was definitely all riled up.

After she went away, I look at Brimble and said, "Pay up, don't forget." Of course there was money involved!

He nodded and went to terrorize other poor floor workers, and I got back to reading my second erotica novel of the day. Finally. It was about a girl and her ex- fiancé's dad. Spicy as hell.

(30 minutes later in that French voice)

After assisting Mrs. Bentham in the crockery department, whilst she told me her whole life story for the fourth motherfucking time, of how she managed to woo Mr. Bentham and eloped with him, I was done with my shift and walked back home, thinking all about the blueberry cheesecake my neighbor baked and offered me yesterday and the leftover pizza. All this while watching Parks and Recreation. My grandma would be home too, and I would bet a million bucks that she'd look at me all sprawled out and messy, sighing and saying something about 'her good old days' when she was a child.