h a w t h o r n

Hawthorn : hope/ radiance

Nebulochaotic, the state of being confused all the time

"You have to take the next right."

He took a left turn.

You see why I am all hazy and disturbed? When a young and scared girl such as me, who is directionally challenged aka can't function on roads without GPS- you follow the damned GPS.

"What is wrong with you? I said right." My voice quickly turning panicky.

His eyes flitted to mine for a quick second.

"You live in Greenville right? You have to take a left from here." And then he continued his everlasting silence and drove ahead.

"Dude, you're crazy and turn the car around! Google Maps say you have to take a right. Turn around. Turn-"

He abruptly stopped, picked the phone from my hands. He scanned the screen for a second and gave it back to me.

"Sophia, the hand that you write with is your right. The other one is left."

The woman was too stunned to speak.

For two entirely different reasons, my ovaries were bursting.

a) He said my name, and it sounded so hot.

b) He actually knows directions and drives. dad- I meant husband material.

c) He knows was hand I write with? Sus.

We were in the house for another hour till the weather was okay to drive in. I offered to take a cab, but he said he was going to drop me off. You read that- said. Not asked.

"Ah I know I was just checking."

He raised one eyebrow- his eyebrows looked I am jealous good- as if to say 'really'.

"See, all humans aren't born perfect okay? And let me ask you this because we are in the subject, you don't need GPS to drive in and around from places to.. places? Like I have never even caught you looking at the GPS monitor?"

"I know the places so I don't use GPS? there isn't anything much I can explain you here."

"So you're telling me you're not directionally challenged? I have lived in Greenville since my 12th year of existence, I still need GPS."

I also remember this one particular instance when my grandma's friend was coming to visit her as a surprise- how sweet- she called me asking for directions.

That was the day I realized I was so bad with directions and that my life heavily depended on the functioning of GPS.

Xavier revved the engine again.