Chapter 17: Have a Good Rest Lex

'He will always choose me?' Such simple words rang in his eyes, his voice laced with warmth and endearment, Alexis could feel his heart pounding excitedly in his chest. This feeling was something more than just friends but he didn't dare to step over the line. Pleased with his development, Darcel looked over Alexis's shoulder, seeing Lucius stare at them with a dark aura, "Seems like someone's here already."

He gave another kiss on Alexis's cheek, his eyes melting with affection before walking over to Lucius with a triumphant smile, "Hope you don't mind me going first. I won't just stop because you said so. I'm not going to hide anymore but what about you?"

He walked off to wash up, leaving Lucius to stare at his back. He dejectedly turned back to see Alexis wondering about something, calling out to him, "Are you feeling better than before?" He smiled to cover up his displeasure, taking a seat next to him, habitually patting his head.

Alexis nodded at his words, helplessly turning to him, his mouth opened wanting to ask something before ultimately deciding not to. 'I want to ask Lu about this but what is stopping me from doing that?'

Lucius smiled patiently, "Take your time, I'm here to listen to you."

He stared into those gentle blue eyes, quietly admiring how the way that they looked at him had never changed since they were small. "Your eyes..." They hold the same light as Darcel's eyes when he looks at me.

"Is there something in my eyes? Can you get it out for me?" He leaned down, his eyelash fluttering softly as he blinked.

Alexis turned away, he could feel his ears slowly becoming flushed, deciding to change the topic, "Does your heart flutter when you're with Darc?"

"No, it doesn't. Darc is my friend."

"Then," He shyly peered at him, feeling a little flustered before continuing, "What about me? Does your heart beat so quickly and so loudly that you feel like everyone would hear it when you're with me?" Alexis decided to ask him about it, probing just ever so lightly, his curiosity left him wanting to know more.

Lucius gave a knowing smile, pretending to think about it before replying, "What do you think?" He decided to tease him ever so slightly about his lack of awareness, "Do you want me to feel that way when I am around you?"

Alexis opened his mouth to answer, before freezing in his spot, blushing shyly as he remembered that if Lucius felt that way, they would do the same thing that Darcel did to him, a kiss. He struggled to put his words together, making soft, incoherent mumbles.

Lucius deepened his smile, reaching over to caress his cheek, causing him to stop in his tracks and stare back.

"Lex, what do you want me to do?" Lucius continued to softly touch him, arousing a comfortable feeling within Alexis, causing him to lean into his hand. "Lex, do you want to know if I have the same feelings as Darcel?"

Alexis twitched at his words, guiltily looking over at Lucius, "No... I just wanted to know if you felt anything that you shouldn't feel between friends..." He pouted, moping about how easily he was found out. "Am I that easy to read?"

Lucius broke out into laughter, "Is that what you're worried about? Why does it matter if you're easy to read? At least to me, I notice every detail and expression of yours regardless." He fiddled gently with the ends of his bangs, "And to answer your question, I do."

"..."

"I want to let you know that this won't change anything between us unless you want it to change." Lucius gave a reassuring smile, although Alexis can perceive there was another emotion below that. "There's no rush to how you feel, perhaps it wasn't best for me to tell you now, especially after all Darc has done to you." Lucius gently tucked his hair behind his ear, letting the loose ends flutter down, framing his face.