Chapter 26: I Still Chose You

"If you notice a scent when exchanging mana with someone, it is said that you have found your soulmate." Darcel lifted his head to see Lucius staring at him with a confused expression but even then, he thought that he looked adorable. "There's nothing to be surprised about. I'm just reading what it says here."

Unconvinced, Lucius stopped writing but Darcel didn't mind him, continuing to read the book out loud, "As long as one person notices the scent, their fate is sealed together." He had stopped reading after that but he could feel Lucius's growing interest in the topic, lifting his head once more, "If you want, you can have a read before I return them back."

Lucius paused, hesitating slightly before saying, "I want to try it with you." Surprised at his sudden sentence, Darcel asked instead, "Why do you want to?"

It was early in the day, they were both in the student council room to sort out some paperwork. Although they were missing classes, they had gotten permission to skip out for the day but they still needed to catch up on the missed classwork. But having said that, their rankings in school was not simply just a number. Lucius was sitting at his desk, doing his portion of the work accompanied by a cup of coffee while Darcel was sitting on the couch, reading through a few magic books he had borrowed from the library.

Putting down his pen, Lucius moved away from his desk, sitting down next to him, "Must I have a reason for wanting to do something with you?" Darcel raised his eyebrows in suspicion, but said nothing. He could already hear his heartbeat rapidly increasing, why was it so easy for Lucius to say such lines? Trying to distract himself, Darcel turned back to the book in his hand, actively trying to ignore Lucius who was trying to grab his attention. Reading the next few lines, he was glad he had stopped where he did.

[In the rare chance that a spell is casted upon their fated one, a scent may be emitted which can only be perceived by the caster and will not be perceived by the fated one.]

This was enough for him.

Finally closing the book, Darcel turned his attention to Lucius, who was patiently waiting for him. Lucius's face instantly brightened, taking advantage of this to move in closer, so close Darcel could feel the heat radiating off of him.

Feeling a little flustered, Darcel tried to move away from him but was quickly stopped from doing so. Lucius quickly snaked his arm around his waist, pulling them in even closer and directing Darcel so they would face each other. Darcel still tried to escape but it only caused them to topple over on the couch, with Darcel lying on the bottom and Lucius on top.

Neither of them said anything. They just looked at each other's eyes, seemingly having so much to say but have said nothing at all. Darcel had so many unresolved questions he wanted to ask, but at this moment, all he could think about was the person in front of him.

'Ah, how could I ever say I never loved him?'

Lucius took advantage of this silence to gently kiss him on the lips before quickly moving away to avoid his rejection. It was so light but it was enough for him to want more. Seeing Lucius back away, Darcel could see in his eyes how much more he wanted as well, flickering from his eyes to his lips, then back up again. Giving him a knowing smile, Darcel lifted his body upwards to seal his lips once more. This time, with more passion than before. 

!!! WARNING NSFW !!!

It lasted longer and was no longer the kind kiss Lucius had given to him. Darcel sat up to make it comfortable for both of them, wrapping his hands around his waist and the back of his head. His lips were soft to kiss and play with, he could feel the burning heat between them. Darcel could feel Lucius wrapping his arm around his neck before running his hand through his black hair, pulling Darcel in even closer.