𝟬𝟭𝟳.

RAMONA AND THEODORE WERE HAVING A PEACEFUL MOMENT, both sipping their white wine as they watched Modern Family on the TV in Ramona's Shanghai penthouse. it was 3:54 p.m. Her cell phone started buzzing. She put her wine glass down and picked up the phone, putting it on speaker. It was Nick, sounding frantic and worried. "Oh my God, Romi, Teddy! I don't know how to tell you this, but Rachel's at the emergency room. She passed out in her hotel room."

"What? Is she okay? What happened?" Ramona asked in shock.

"We don't really know. She's still unconscious, but her white cell count is extremely low and her blood pressure is through the roof. They have her on an IV of magnesium to stabilize her, but they think she maybe has an extreme case of food poisoning."

"I'll get on the next flight to Hangzhou," Ramona said decisively. She turned to Theodore who was already up and getting changed. Ramona smiled and also rushed to get changed.

4:25 p.m.

Racing through Shanghai Pudong International Airport, Ramona and Theodore had just reached the China Airlines counter when Nick called again. "Hey, Nicky, we're trying to get on the 5:00 flight."

"I don't want to alarm you, but the situation has gotten progressively worse. Rachel's still unconscious, and her kidneys have shut down. The doctors are running tests, but so far they have no clue what's happening. Rachel's being medically evacuated to Hong Kong, where she can get the best care in the region. I've already called Uncle Malcolm,"

"Should I charter a plane?" Ramona asked.

"Yes, could you help me arrange something?" Nick asked over the phone.

"I got it. I have someone who could help," Ramona nodded

"I don't know what we'd do without you, Romi!"

Hanging up the phone, Ramona called someone. "Hello," Ramona nodded, "hey uh listen, do you think you could take us on a plane ride?"

6:48 p.m.
Ramona began to call Nick as she and Teddy are huddled at the back of a helicopter, it was a favor. Nick picked up the phone.

"So, get ready, and go to the really VIP-looking desk and you're going to say, you need to see helicopter 104 of China Airlines. If they ask you who you're with, just say Ramona Young and they'll let you through," Ramona told him as they began to land in the Beijing Capital International Airport.

"Got it, Romi," Nick nodded as they hung up the phone.

6:50 p.m.

Nick rushed over to the helicopter as he jumps on. The pilot named Hu gave Nick a pair of headphones and the pilot was taking off once again.

7:30 p.m

Ramona, Theo, and Nick ran up to the reception counter at the emergency medical ward. "Yes, can you tell us where Rachel Young has been taken? She would have been admitted in the past hour. She came in by air ambulance."

"Are you relatives of the patient?" the woman at the counter asked.

"Yes, we are."

"Let me see..." The woman began typing into her computer terminal. "What is the name again?"

"Rachel Young. Or maybe she was admitted as Rachel Chu," Nick said.

The woman scanned her computer screen. "I'm not finding anything here. You should go to the main reception hall over there"

Not hesitating, they rushed over to the main reception hall where they finally got Rachel's room and condition. They had two minutes to visit her before being ushered out again into the waiting room, well, the doctor pulled Theodore aside and began to talk to him, Ramona assumed it was because of Rachel's condition.

7:45 p.m.

Peik Lin and Eddie ran up to the reception counter at the emergency medical ward. "Yes, can you tell us where Rachel Young has been taken? She would have been admitted in the past hour. She came in by air ambulance."

"Are you relatives of the patient?" the woman at the counter asked.

"Yes, we are."

"Let me see..." The woman began typing into her computer terminal. "What is the name again?"

"Rachel Young. Or maybe she was admitted as Rachel Chu," Peik Lin said.

The woman scanned her computer screen. "I'm not finding anything here. You should go to the main reception hall at-"

Eddie banged on the counter in frustration. "Stop wasting our time! Do you know who I am? I'm Edison Cheng! My father is Dr. Malcolm Cheng-he used to be head of cardiology! The cafeteria is named after him! I demand to know where they've taken Rachel Young right now or you will be out of a job by tomorrow!"