chapter 3

Why do you cry

"Come on Bambi you have to wake up now" regulus whispered to three year old harry. Almos two years later and there lives where good. Sirius and remus lived with them for a year and recently bought a house not far from where regulus lived. Which also happened to be down the road from andromeda and ted, nymphadora was starting hogwarts this year.

All In all everything was good, harry was the happiest three year old on the planet being showered with anything and everything he could want (mostly from Sirius). Most days where harder on regulus missing James potter and knowing he wasn't coming back wasn't easy on him, yet harry always seemed to know the right thing to do or say to make him feel better. James wasn't coming back but regulus always found comfort in knowing a part of him will always be with him, through harry.

He always told himself he wouldn't put expectations on harry to make him someone he's not. He would support harry in whatever he wanted to do in life no matter what. Regulus would always love his son unconditionally.

"Five more minutes dada pwease" harry sleepily muttered. Regulus chuckled at the boy running his hand through the boys messy bed hair and kissed the top of his head lovingly with a smile. "Alrighty then but only five" regulus whispered. He picked Harry's clothes for the day along with his bag and stroller. He began to run harry a bath as he went for a second time to wake him up.

"Alrighty Bambi now you have to get up okay"

'Whyz"

"Well i have a couple thing planed for us to do today so you have to get up"

"Like what" he asked negotiating his way to stay in bed all day. Regulus laughed thinking for all the times James would to the same exact thing. He sighed and walked to the door, harry smiled think he won when regulus leaned against the door frame.

"And i thought you would want to have breakfast with moony and snuffles" regulus smirked walking over to his bedroom. He couldn't even sit on his bed before he heard Harry's little stomps run over and swing his door open.

"We go see moomie" he asked eyes wide open.

"And snuffles along with uncle paddy" regulus smiled in return, picking him up and placing him onto his hip while walking into the bathroom. It was always inevitable that harry would always splash water around and make a mess which regulus would never mind. It was safe to say regulus broke the cycle of bad parenting within the black household.

Once they were both ready regulus loaded everything into the car and then put harry into his car seat. They truly did live like muggles which was what regulus thought lily would have wanted for her son, truthfully she just wanted a safe environment where harry could grow up free of judgement, and with love and care with is exactly what regulus provided and more.

"Hey we're here" regulus shouted walking into the recently purchased lupin-black household.

"Hey Reggie come in come in sorry for the mess we're still getting things organized" remus said from the kitchen. The smell of pancakes in the air, while Sirius was Merlin knows where. Despite the boxes lining the side of the living room they bought a moderately big home but its wasn't so big that you would think only two people lived there. It was absolutely perfect for the two.

"prongslet Reggie you made it"

"Honestly Sirius put a shirt on bambi doesn't need to see that" remus groaned while putting a pancake in front of harry who began to eat it with his hands not having another care in the world. Sirius laughed at his husband as he ruffled Harry's already messy hair along with regulus' who swatted him away.