chapter 15

a moment

"mhmm sirius stop moving around fucking hell" remus sleeply muttered. it was already noon remus and sirius still entangled in one another's arms in there flat. there's was a couple blocks down from james and regulus flat.

everything in there lives seemed perfect. there relationship was strong, there friends where safe and happy. there wasn't anything more remus could ask for. if he could stop time to stay in this very moment
he would without a second thought.

"sorry my love" sirius said clingy onto remus body as if his life depended on it. he was planning something. it wasn't some prank with james he was planning but something he has wanted to do since the moment he knew he was absolutely and utterly in love with remus lupin.

"sirius something poking me" remus said now sitting up more. sirius sat up against the headboard looking at the taller man who laid lower than him at this very moment. sirius held a small black box in this hand, his heart racing going over the conversation he had with his brother the day before.

"what if he says no reg"

"sirius.... remus is in love with you a lot it would be stupid of him to say no"

"and if he does"

"he won't plus you two have been married since forever now your just making it official"

"siri what's that" remus asked now breaking sirius out of his own thoughts. remus now laid on his stomach beside sirius running his hand up and down his thigh. looking at the box in sirius hand.

sirius inhaled sharply and took another break. his heart was racing. every bad thought going through his head and remus could tell. with a light squeeze sirius was brought back to this moment and looked into remus's eyes and just melted. he opened the box and showed it to remus who looked at it wide eyed speechless

"marry me" sirius said remus eyes flickered between the ring and sirius's face.

"marry me remus. i've loved you everyday since the day i meet you. you've put up with so much of my shit and emotional baggage and still somehow love me and that along with many many other things makes me love you even more, i love you remus

i want to be with you, by you're side during every full moon new moon or any moon faze till the day we die. i want you to be the father of our children, i want to be you're husband if you give me the chance. so will you remus john lupin marry me and give me the chance to be the best husband in the history of husbands to you"

remus without saying a word sat up closer to sirius and kissed him passionately. when the broke away resting there heads on one another.

"as long as you sirius orion black give me the pleasure of saying i'm you're husband as well" remus said with a soft smiled. he could feel sirius nod his head as he slipped the ring on remus finger before bring his hand up to his fiancé neck and closing the gap between them once again.

wedding day. remus and sirius stood infront of one another as the officiant told them to say there vows.

"i remember the day i meet you like it was yesterday, when you walked into the compartment me and james where in and asked us to sit with us and james said yes. you sat beside me and introduced yourself, in that moment i felt strange, at the time i didn't know what it was but now i do, it was love it still is because now i have that same feeling and i've always had this feeling around you. the feeling that i've known i love you. then four years later when we were fifth-teen and you walked into the compartment again i lost the ability to breath normally when i saw you. and in that moment again i knew that i loved you and i would love you till the day i die. and i plan on keeping that" sirius said

remus was in tears as was everyone else. regulus was sirius best man while james was remus. they had made marlene and peter the flower boy and girl to which moment before they threw flowers at everyone and eachother.

"it was our sixth year at school and we where in the common room late one night. pete was half asleep on an arm chair, regulus was curled in a ball at james side while i laid on your lap. james had asked you if one day you would ever marry me and you paused. i can remember so clearly how you looked down at me and brushed my cheek before you answered james and said everyday. you thought i was sleep but i wasn't. james saw i wasn't sleep and heard the whole thing and in that very moment, if i could change it i would go back and make it clear i was still awake and tell you i would marry you as well. but look how that turned out" remus giggled. sirius was gone at this point in tears.

"i now pronounce you husband and husband you may now kiss" and remus and sirius did just that as everyone cheered. they walked hand in hand into the reception as everyone cheered. it was a small wedding only close friends and family and obviously minnie was there.

everyone was sitting around enjoying them selfs as james stood up to give his best man speech.

"i've know theses two since forever, or at least i like to say forever cause there like my brothers , now not in that way so much." James began.

"yea and you're dating you're brothers brother" Marlene said as everyone erupted into laughter

"aren't you and your girlfriend both pureblood mckinnon mhmm, thought so anyway......

i've never meet two people who where made for one another like remus is for sirius, we all know remus keeps sirius from killing himself doing something stupid and merlin knows he does a lot of stupid shit. there a match made in heaven. to remus and sirius" james cheered along with everyone else

"we'll thank you for that james but now it's my turn. i've been advised to keep this quick and sweet much like sirius later tonight" regulus began as everyone bursted out laughing. remus was no better at hiding his laughter towards his husbands embarrassment.

"all jokes aside for now.. i've never met someone who makes sirius as happy as remus does and we all know sirius was a playboy back at school, i mean he had girls line up saying they could fix him and i always told them 'pack it up ladies you look like a construction crew'. but remus had some choke hold sirius to the point that all he would talk about which annoyed me cause at the time i was secretly in love with his best friend but that a story for another time"

"get to the point will you" sirius shouted.

"point is, sirius never planed on loving anyone or thinking anyone could love him but then some tall ass granpa sweater wearing boy walks into sirius life and completely changed that. sirius spent every waking minute of every day unlearning all the hate we were taught to be a better person of remus and thank merlin for that cause he was an annoying mother fucker to remus and sirius"

regulus shouted as everyone laughed and held up there drinks. everything ether of them had ever wanted was coming true. what once was a fantasy was now a reality. all thank you a professor mcgonall. who most ironically sat them next to one another there first year and never let them switch seat. she played matched maker knowing it would one day lead to this.

very moment in time where everything seemed right. remus and sirius married, james and regulus going strong. lily and cecelia engaged. while narcissa and marlene took it " slow" or whatever that meant to them.

she knew that one decision could led to a moment in time where everything was right.

"morning darling guess what day it is" sirius said cheerfully

"mhmm your birthday"

"no"

"my birthday"

"no"

"regulus birthday"

"no it's no one's birthday have you forgotten" sirius said all dramaticly. remus still laying atop of sirius with his eyes closed

"mhm let's see have i forgotten the day i married the love of my life and best friend and marked today as the happiest day of my life.... nope don't recall anything" remus said pressing his lips up to his husbands. 8 years together with there undying love for one another. both content with there lives now.

"happy anniversary my love" remus said resting his head his chest as sirius ran his hand through remus hair.

"happy anniversary darling"