chapter 14

getting older

after that Christmas two years had flown by. harry was now seven along with the other kids. nymphadora was in her third year of Hogwarts. narcissa kept a box in the back of her closet filled with every letter from Marlene. the ottoman filled with James's belongings, all taken out to make room for harry's and regulus's things.

harry was now much older and understood more on it parents death, although it wasn't everything it was all he needed to know for the time being. they had made a routine. they would go just them to godric hollow every two weeks and everything couple weeks they would go with Sirius and remus. while once a month the group all went together.

things where steady, calm even. Mary and cecelia roomed together since they both lived alone it was only convenient. andromeda was always around since she didn't want to be alone while her daughter was away at school and husband at work she felt alone until she was with her family... the more extended part of it.

and the malfoy clan fulfill there word on sunday brunches that led into dinner and then sleepovers. that part was added nymphadoras first year. the second she found out about these family events she demanded they happen when she came home for holidays. she would even share with her aunts and uncles she was best friends with a boy. grey malcom a griffindor she meet on the train second year.

sirius was gushing over the found fact he could tease her with it now.

"siri leave the poor girl alone" narcissa scolded.

"look she's blushing"

"hush uncle pads" nymphadora snapped her hair turning red. as her mother and father walked in with confused expressions as everyone giggled at there girl getting older, they all were.

"bambi come on we're going to be late" regulus yelled from the living area upstairs at harry. he could hear harry stomps running down the stairs. he was exactly like james in every way he acted.

"i'm already out the door, merlin dad your slow" harry said as he leaned against the car with his arms crossed and a smile plastered on his face. regulus giggled at the boy shaking his head. they drove off to godric hollow to meet with sirius as remus.

"afternoon reggie prongsie" remus greeted sirius sitting by the headstone. they never called harry by his name. it was a miracle they even remembered his name. ether being called bambi, prongsie, harold, green eyes, regulus jr, raven, trouble maker anything but his name.

"hiiii uncle moony uncle padfoot" harry squealed running into there arms. he went over to the headstone over his mothers name and put his hand over it and kissed it to not actually kiss the cement. hi mummy he whispered regulus sirius and remus smiling as they watched.

"so what have you two been up to these days we never see you anymore" remus asked harry running around with snuffles in the background.

"harry gets curious about different places and i take him" regulus smiled. it was true they youngest potter-black boy was filled to the brim with curiosity about anything and everything. and regulus was more than happy to answer to the curious questions.

"so you basically gave him the world when he asks" remus said with a smirk. they could hear harry as he laughed with snuffles chasing after him. remus was pretty spot on about what regulus was doing. he did promise that he would give harry the world if he asked. and he does. 

"yea pretty much it's not like i mind it's better that way too, i've started teaching him the more magic side of the family.basic stuff he should know"

"yea seems like you two have the world at your feet. just don't get too attached" remus said with a smile. regulus looking over his shoulder at harry with a smile creeping onto his face as well