New Year one shot!

Today was it. It was new year's eve.

And Everyone was happily waiting for the clock to tick.

Except you.

It didn't matter what today was. You didn't care about these events. Well, after last time at Christmas and waking up in your bed, you definitely knew that these events somehow curse you to be met with Satoru at most times.

Not to mention that he has been reminding you non-stop of the new laugh and smile count. 5, 95 to go.

You never thought that he would actually be able to do that challenge of his, but oh well, he was Gojo Satoru after all. The one named the strongest right after you were weakened. Though, he didn't like the nickname very much to himself because he always thought you were stronger than him.

No matter what state or condition you were in, he still thought the same.

You were now standing near the river that ran through Jujutsu Tech, as you watched the water ripple with ease from the movement of the Coi fish in it.

You looked up to the sky only to be met with..

"What do you want?"

"Why aren't you inside with the rest of us to celebrate new years'?"

Gojo's face.

He was towering over your small figure as he blocked your view from the sky with his blindfolded face.

"Well, because I don't want to. I find no value in celebrating these kinds of things, so why would I?"

"Hmm.. Well if you don't want to that's fine. Can I stand here?"

"Suit yourself."

He stood on your right as he also gazed upon the river and the bridge that crossed it.

"You know, I really love new years."

"Why?"

"Because many special occurrences happen this day. Some people are reunited. Some people find their other half. And some people even find happiness for the first time this day. What about you, (Y/N)-chan? There must be something special about today for you!"

You looked at him with curiosity. Even thinking about it now, it was the first new year you haven't spent with...

Them.

"Well... Something special huh? No. For people it could have been special. But for me, it was the usual."

Your voice became fainter as you ended your previous sentence, remembering the times you had spent with your family before they were wiped.

"Oh, I see. Sorry, it must have brought up bad memories."

Satoru looked at you with sad filled eyes and rubbed his neck.

"No, actually. It reminded me of something not that bad. Even though it might be sad, it has a great part of happiness surprisingly."

You both continued to watch the river and the sky silently as peace settled all around you.

"Ne, (Y/N)-chan. How about I show you something?"

"Show me something?"

Gojo nodded as he clasped your hand in his and began running towards the forest and to on top of a hill.

"Gojo, where are you taking me!?!"

He kept silent as he chuckled faintly.

"You'll see!"