Chapter 18: Please, Don't go!

Quick note: (Y/N) is 16 years old in this story

Third P.O.V

It's been a year since (Y/N) became the neon pillar and she has been training with the other pillars to become stronger. Ever since she became the pillar, she has more mission and was also required to patrol the said area to gather information about the demons. (Y/N) was completing the mission that she was assigned to, and she was sent to an abandoned temple were demons who are lurking in there.

(Y/N) P.O.V

I was on my way to the place that my mission was assigned to, and that place was an abandoned temple, my crow told me that a demon was hiding in there. It hides there when it finishes devouring a human.

~Mini TimeSkip~

I finally arrived at the temple, and it was already dark outside, just I was about to step inside the temple I sense the aura of the demon. I took out my nichirin sword and ready myself, suddenly I heard a noise and when I look back the demon was about to attack me, but I quickly block its attack. When I blocked its attack, the demon landed on the other side of the temple.

"What's a teenage girl doing here? Oh, you're a demon slayer, you look weak. Doesn't matter I'll kill you instantly." The demon said and it jumped to where I was and was about to attack me, but I quickly dodge its attack. The demon was shocked of how fast I dodge, and it started yelling at me.

"You brat! How did you move so fast?! Just stay still so I can – "Before it can finish its sentence, I sliced his neck instantly and his head fell on the ground. I looked back at the demon, and he was shocked, and its head and body started disintegrating.

"You a**hole! How dare you cut my head off! You will pay for this you brat!"

"Your so damn annoying, you know that. Why don't you just stay quiet and die. I despise your kind very much." I said to the demon and gave him a look of hatred.

Once his head was gone, I sheathed back my sword and was about to go back to the headquarters, but before I stared heading back a Kasugai crow came, and it said.

"Caw! The flower pillar needs help! I'll take you where the flower pillar is! Caw!" After the Kasugai crow said that I immediately started following him.

~TimeSkip~

When I finally arrived at the place where Kanae-san was, I took out my sword and started looking for her.

After looking around the place I suddenly heard someone crying, I started following that noise and once that noise was close, I saw someone who was sitting on the floor, and it was holding someone. I notice the butterfly hairpin and my eyes widened when I recognize that person.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was Shinobu-san.

I ran to her and I was horrified on who she was holding. It was Kanae-san. Shinobu-san was holding Kanae-san and she was badly hurt.

"Kanae-san! Oh no! Who did this to you?!"

"It was a demon, a-and it w-was part of t-the twel-twelve de-demon moons." Kanae-san said.

"Nee-san! Don't talk too much! You'll injure your wound more!" Shinobu-san said while crying.

"Shinobu, I'm so sorry that I have to leave you so soon. But you must know that I love you, Kanao and (Y/N)-san very much." Kanae-san said, and tears started forming on her eyes.

"Nee-san! Please! Don't talk like your about to die! You just have to hang on for a little! The kakushi is on the way!"

"Shinobu, I still won't make it if the kakushi arrived." Kanae-san said, and I couldn't help myself. I started crying as well.

"(Y/N)-san, can you come here." Kanae-san said, and I went to her. When I was beside her, she pulled out something and she placed at the left side of my head. I touched it and it was a hairpin.

"(Y/N)-san, this is my gift for you. I was about to give it to you for your birthday. I'm really sorry that I gave it to you just now." Kanae-san said.

"You don't have to apologize Kanae-san! It's alright you gave my present very late! Please! Don't die! Not yet! We have so much to do with Shinobu-san and Kanao! I'm so sorry! If I just arrived early you wouldn't be in this state!" I said while crying.

Kanae-san just smiled at me and she placed her hand on my check in order to comfort me.

"Don't cry now. Its alright. Please don't be sad. I don't much time left, but please remember Shinobu and (Y/N)-san that I always love you and please be strong." Kanae-san said and she suddenly close her eyes and she stopped breathing.

"Nee-san! No! Please! Don't leave me! Please! Don't leave me like Oka-san and Oto-san!" Shinobu-san said and hugged Kanae-san tight. I just looked at my knees and I was crying as well.

"Why was I so slow? If I arrived earlier this wouldn't have happened. I'm so sorry Kanae-san. I'm still not strong enough."

~Hello I'm back. Here's another chapter and I'm really sorry if this chapter is emotional. Anyways Merry Christmas and it's almost New Year.~