Chapter 21: Catching up with Tanjiro

Third P.O.V

~Inside the Headquarters~

After (Y/N) dropped Tanjiro and Nezuko at the butterfly estate she went back to the headquarters for the annual hashira meeting.

Once the hashira are all present they started their meeting and the hashiras reported their previous mission.

"Just as you've reported, the demons' carnage has increased more than ever. Meaning that the threat to human life is greater than it's ever been. We'll have to bolster the ranks of the demon slayers. What do you all think?" Oyakata-sama said.

"The incident on Mt. Natagumo made it crystal clear. The caliber of demon slayers has nose-dived to unbelievable levels. Most of them are useless. The trainers must be blind. You'd think they could at least tell if someone's competent or not." Sanemi said.

"Well, that kid today sure seemed competent. He did almost land a flamboyant blow on you Shinazugawa, but thanks to (Y/N)-sama, she refrained him from getting you headbutted. He sure got some potential." Uzui replied while Sanemi just scoffed.

"The more the human population increases, the harder it becomes to control and unify them. Not to mention that the times have changed considerably in this era." Shinobu said.

"Other than those who've had their loved ones brutally massacred, and joined the corps, or those of distinguished pedigree who have hunted demons for generations, to ask anyone to harness as much or even greater resolve and drive to produce results would be cruel." Gyomei said.

"Still, considering that boy ran into a Twelze kizuki so soon after joining the corps... He may have the power to draw them! Even we rarely got the chance to confront one! It makes me envious!" Kyojuro exclaimed.

"Agreed, But the fact that Lower five made such a drastic move probably means that Muzan is nowhere neat Mt. Natagumo. As in the case of Asakusa, whenever Muzan wishes to hide something, he creates a clever diversion to throw us off. It's really quite frustrating. But those demons are still freely devouring humans, gaining strength and surviving. For the sake of those who have died, there is only one thing for us to do. I believe that among you hashira who are present today, I've assembled the finest unit since the first breathing swordsmen of the feudal era." Oyakata-sama said then he look at the hashiras.

"Tengen Uzui, Kyojuri Rengoku, Shinobu Kocho, Mitsuri Kanroji, Muichiro Tokito, Gyomei Himejima, Sanemi Shinazugawa, Obanai Iguro, Giyu Tomioka, and (Y/N). My children, I look forward to your success." Oyakata-sama said.

"Yes Oyakata-sama!" The hashira replied. (Y/N) who was silent during the whole meeting, she didn't say anything about the mission when she, Shinobu and Giyu were in Mt Natagumo. The slayers that was assigned in Mt Nataguma reported that the slayers who were also assigned in Mt Natagumo were almost wiped because some of them were reckless and that made (Y/N) become frustrated and upset because they are already low on members of the organization. Her father noticed that her daughter was silent during the meeting and he sensed that she gone silent after the report of the slayer awhile ago.

"(Y/N)." Oyakata-sama called her. (Y/N) faced her father

"Yes father?" (Y/N) replied.

"You've been silent during the whole meeting. What's going into your mind?" Oyakata-sama asked her and (Y/N) just looked at her hands that were placed on her knees and was feeling nervous that he sensed that she was not alright after the report from the slayer. The hashira looked at her and they waited for her reply.

"Are you perhaps upset or frustrated about the incident that the slayer reported in Mt. Natagumo?" Now (Y/N)'s body started to tremble a bit because of the overwhelmed feeling that she was feeling right now and she clenched her fist so hard that it started to bled a bit. The hashira started to worry about their (Y/N) because they noticed that she was trembling a bit. Mitsuri who was beside (Y/N) saw blood coming out from her hand and she grabbed her fist to help her calm down a bit.