prologue

The blood that stains my hands can't be unseen nor can it be cleansed. The screams of those I had once considered friends can't ever seem to escape my mind. The adrenaline of a thousand cheetahs running through my veins possessed me while I was running for my life. I can remember that day as plain as day. The blood, the gunshots, the bodies dropping at every second, and a slim yet tall and pale man holding his hand out to me. I can still feel the pain that rotted in the pit of my heart as it shattered into a million pieces, hatred. Hatred for this pitiful world we live in. Hatred towards those who hurt others. Hatred towards myself.

Ever since that day, my life has been a path full of despair and this overwhelming feeling that I can't quite express. Others call it depression, I like to call it self-paralysis. An emotion that is so strong that it leaves one quite literally numb to the core leaving only a feeling of cold shivers down your spine and having your neck being used as a stress ball, being squeezed so hard that it makes even breathing a difficult task. 

This feeling is always with me like a dark shadow tailing behind you, never faltering, instead it expands and gets darker. It's grows so big and dark that it's like an abyss, or a bottomless pit. Sometimes it even feels like it's alive and just the darkest parts of yourself. The shadow gets worse when you're alone in a room with the lights off. It eats at you, taunting your every thought and movement. Turning your dreams into nightmares, your hopes into despair, your happiness into depression. The darkness continues to do so till you revel in it, soaking it into your skin and blood like a drug. After a while it doesn't hurt as much, as it has changed you in ways no one can ever seem to comprehend. 

I have been in this world for 16 years yet the will to live weakens everyday along with the aching pain of the memories of my past. My ability even is traumatizing at times, as using it brings up things best left untouched. Though, that man who held his hand out to me all those years ago changed my life, for better or worse I don't know but at least it's better then what I had before even though I wise to be eradicated from the world's plain field.

My name is (y/n) (l/n) and this is the story of how my life finally began before it came to a slow yet abrupt end. 

╔════════════════*.·:·.☽✧ ✦Authors Note✦✧☾.·:·.*══════════════════╗

Hey guys, I just thought i would put this in here rather then make a whole 'part' for it. But I just wanted to introduce myself and speak about some things. So my name is Floop nice to meet you all! I hope you will enjoy this fanfic. It is my first ever one so please don't press on me for more details or criticize my work, just wanted to put it out there just in case it ever happens. I will be gradually improving as I get more used to writing along the way. In this Dazai is 14 and y/n is 16 and Oda is in his 30's. But they will age up as the story goes along so don't worry.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, I just want to point some things out in case you're not familiar with the 'codes' used throughout these types of x reader fanfics. These bits you fill in yourself. 

c/n - code name           h/c - hair colour          e/c - eye colour         s/c - skin colour

f/n - first name              ... - time skip            pov - point of view       f/c - favourite colour

l/n - last name             y/n - your name

Finally, I just want to inform you that the fanfic will be narrator pov until its time to switch to y/n side of things. We will be looking at Dazai for the time being. Again hope you enjoy. Don't forget to comment if you want, vote if you enjoy the chapters and share the fanfic around :)