eight | getting closer...

After losing control earlier and being saved by Dazai, we found ourselves in a hotel as it was too late to try and execute a plan. Plus Dazai said that after he uses his ability on someone, the after effects result in passing out. I didn't believe him at first until we arrived at a hotel nearby. Every muscle in my body was aching, I had a throbbing pain in my head, dizziness and I felt like I was going to pass out at any given moment. Dazai noticed this and kept me close to him, holding me steady so avoid falling over. None of us had spoken a word, though it was probably for the best given the situation.

At the reception desk, we had booked two rooms with separate beds. The redhead with us kept throwing glances at both Keisuke and I, though my brother didn't notice I sure as hell did. It was as if he was trying to solve something in that head of his by evaluating us. I would've spoke up and said something but he had a comforting aura around him. He felt calm.....peaceful and he had a light in his eyes that was so incredibly soft, as if he was a caring person.

As we we made our way up the stairs to go to our rooms, we stopped in front of Dazai and Oda's one. Still leaning against his chest, I look up at him lazily and he matches my gaze with a serious yet soft one. Then he opened the door and the four of us all flooded into the room. Keisuke began pacing the room, still wound up from what happened earlier. He was now stitched up and he had used his ability to stop most of the pain. While Dazai led the two of us to sit on the edge of one of the beds.

"Okay, we should talk about what we are going to do about your friend" Oda was the first to break the silence, leaning against the door frame. "What exactly happened leading up to their disappearance?"

"Well we had planned to hang out, go to a restaurant and maybe cause some teenage mischief. But I felt a presence near by and tried to get Ahmya away from them at all cost to keep her safe."

"Yeah well obviously that wasn't good enough" Keisuke huffed.

I turned to face him, and saw how much this was truly affecting him. Of course he would blame me, after all my plan failed. If we had used our abilities earlier on, we could've prevented all of this. Yes it would mean exposing ourselves to Ahmya but maybe that would've been for the best if it meant she could be by our side right now.

"I'm sorry okay? But you know it was the only option. Using our abilities in front of her would only bring more trouble to her, especially because of the work we do...our private life" I reassured him.

"Yeah I know...I just wish I was strong enough to save her" he kicked his foot into the stool near him out of anger before resting his hands on the wall.

Dazai cleared his throat as to try to get everyone back on track. "This note that belladonna showed me on the way here indicates the kidnappers want something in return for your friend. Perhaps we should focus on inquiring those things first?"

He grabbed the note that I found before losing control from his pocket and waved it around in the air. I turned to him and shoved him with what little strength I had at the moment, seeing as the exhaustion was hitting me. He simply threw his hands up in yield, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips. 'God he irritates me, and I want to say that nickname is absolutely horrible amongst other insults...but I am so tired' I thought to myself.

Dazai said that it's unusual to see someone take the effects of his ability as slow as I was, and I wanted it to take full effect at this point. It was the sorta tiredness that actually gets painful, as it becomes hard to breathe and the other fatigue effects become overwhelming.