three | sleepless nights...

The tree branches were scraping against the windows, disturbing what little sleep Dazai was attempting to have. He closed his eyes and tried going back to sleep after his sudden wake, but the howl of the wind and the endless thoughts of that girl started roaming through his mind. Yes, drifting off into an oblivious rest now seems to have been proven difficult.

He had taken melatonin earlier on in the night that managed to help him dose off, as sleeping normally was not an option for him. Dazai couldn't get the image out of his mind. The girl that had peaked his interest for a brief moment in the café, has been revealed as an enemy to the Port Mafia. She is also a threat to not only the members of the mafia's lives but Yokohama as a whole too. Though Dazai, he believed he deserved to die as he didn't want to live. But thousands of innocent beings? The citizens didn't deserve to have their fate chosen for them, especially by the hands of an enemy that we knew nothing about. Dazai's brain couldn't begin to think of an explanation for why ordinary people deserve to be at risk of having a brutal end to their life.

Dazai decided to check the time as he turned to his side to pick his medium sized, black phone that was placed next to his futon where he slept. He pressed the button on the side of the phone to wake the screen and saw that it was 5 in the morning, knowing he would be needing to get up for work in 3 hours. Great. Thinking about heading to work didn't help at all. Although he knew he could just stay at home, it was the thought of that mysterious girl that has seemed to make him want to go.

He needed to know who she was and the reason why she is working with the Rats. The little knowledge about them just added to his stress and fear of the unknown. Dazai unlocked his phone to put in a mental note saying 'Research on the Rats and that girl along with what they want'. 

Dazai yelled at himself saying, "You need to sleep!" But how could he though? There just seemed to be no way to change his train of thought no matter how hard he tried. I mean heck, he didn't even know why this girl had suddenly consumed his entire being. She was all that he could think of, yet he hadn't even properly met or talked to her, though he wanted to.

Groaning and cursing, Dazai turned his phone off and threw it across the floor. It slipped across the wooden floor with a rasping noise, before hitting against the bottom of the wall softly. He then rolled other snuggling under the blanket, hoping he can at least get a few hours worth of sleep. He grabbed his pillow and placed it on his face, trying to prevents the rays of dawn from sneaking into his brown iris's. One more hour went by and another, and after not achieving any sort of beauty sleep, he decided to call it quits. He got up, still in his clothes he usually wears everyday. He looked into the mirror checking if he looked presentable before brushing himself off. And with that he left his small compound, heading outside.

...

Drowsiness overflowed Dazai's body as he entered Ariyoshi, the café where he had first seen that girl by the name of 'y/n' yesterday. He had the grand idea in his head that if he came here that he would see her. Though, whether or not she would come was the real question. Even if she did show up, he couldn't simply go "So about that Port Mafia shooting....." or "What is it that the rats want?".

"Ahh I see you're here earlier then your usual time Mr. Dazai" an old man said, bringing Dazai's out of his thoughts.

"Makoto, it's been quite some time since I last saw you! How has your recovery been and how is the family?" he replied, a little grin forming on his face.

The old man walked closer to Dazai, embracing him for a moment before patting him on the back. "I have full recovered don't worry boy, and the family are too. Actually, I have recently been getting into Kendo. The doctor says it's good to get some more exercise and stay off sugar".