seven pt.1 | under the moonlight...

TW: Underage drinking, talk of suicide, coarse language & strong violence.

2 Weeks Later

Sunsets. A time when the balls of daylight fades and the sun is no longer visible. The atmosphere emits rays of colours in the sky that looks like a painting, with the serenity of the auburn sun, pale hues of pink, purple, blue, orange, and reds. The most unique thing about sunsets was the way that each one was different. You could never see the same sunset once. It evolves, shifts and changes, blending with new variety of colours that we can only truly appreciate during the setting of the sun.

It had been a fortnight since Dazai joined the 'Rats in the House of the Dead' and might I say his entrance has changed the atmosphere in the organization. Though, I don't know if it is for better or worse. His rank is a subordinate of a second rank superior. It turns out he is working as Oguri's subordinate. I swear that guy is irritable, and frankly creeps me to the bones, and the only reason why Oguri even has a spot in the rats is because he's being used. From what Dazai has told me, he usually gets him to do all the workload for both of them. I almost feel sorry that Dazai has him as a superior, and I can tell he feels sorry for himself too.

Even though he is doing more work then he should, he always seems to have time to come and annoy me. He comes to my office consistently. He has lunch and dinner with me. He even comes joins me on my missions I tend to have a lot. I know that he said he wanted to figure out why he acts this way around only around me, but come on! Maybe he just doesn't know how to give me space? Like it's as if we are magnets, attracting and repelling each other. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have him around at times, for company and to make my day a bit more interesting. But I just wanted to get at least a moment to myself. What can a girl do to get some peace and quiet nowadays?

I finally had a day off, which I was glad I did cause I definitely needed the R&R. I spent the day lazing around my house being glad that I could finally breath after being around Dazai all the time at work. That boy was honestly a lot to handle, and takes a lot of energy out of me. We are always arguing or just chatting. Honestly it all depends.

I had just finished having a shower, putting a towel around me when I got a call. I walked over to my phone and looked at the name that popped up and smiled fondly. I pressed the accept button and picked the phone up, holding it to my ear.

"Hey, it's been a hot moment since I got a call from you. I was starting to think you were six feet under, judging by how much work your school piles onto you" I joked, leaning up against the counter. A female voice could be heard on the other side of the call, "They don't pile it onto me, I just ask for it. You know me. I like to always keep busy, especially because-"

"I know" I cut her off, "But you can do other things besides doing work. You shouldn't overexert yourself. Try going out and doing something with friends or maybe join a club!" I enthusiastically chirped. "Well about that, I was just calling you to see if you are doing anything tonight?"

"I was about to dive into some intense Mario kart racing, and maybe finally finish the final volume of Blue Exorcist manga" I rambled. "So your doing nothing? Good! So that means your night is now booked, cause we are going out!" she squealed. "Wait no, I said I am already busy-" I was cut off. "Okay so we are meeting up at 6:00pm at this quaint Soba Restaurant I found with Keisuke. Also try to dress up nicely, not in your normal depressing clothes". Before I could stop her and tell her that I am not going, the call ended.

I groaned and walked out of the bathroom, regretting not ending the call earlier. I wasn't the type of person who would go out and interact with people, mainly because to people in criminal organizations know me. Though I know they wouldn't dare to stoop up to me, they would definitely try to pull a scene or use my whereabouts as a way to attack people I am close to.