one | how it all started..

The rain poured down and umbrellas went up as Dazai looked outside my window, getting ready for another day of work. Dazai was recruited to join some affiliation of some sort about 6 months back by this former doctor by the name of Ogai Mori. He was in a tight spot and he helped  though he was grateful, he would've preferred if Mori left him in the ditch he found him in. After all, death is all Dazai had wished to obtain.

Today it was spitting speckles of tear shaped droplets, so a need of an umbrella isn't necessary. The weather in Yokohama is something of being bipolar, always everchanging. Some days the sky would be beaming with sun rays, while other days are filled with raging clouds that released droplets of water down on the people on the surface.

The rain has always given Dazai a sense of emotions. When its light, it's a musical chime which brings joy to those who are there to witness the sound and view, whereas a heavy rain is more a turbulent roar, as if it's something of a cry for help. He tend to relate more with the second form of rain rather then the first. Though both shows a kind of beauty that you can't seem to take your eyes off of.

...

Dazai grabbed his black coat and draped it over his shoulders as he picked his phone and hand gun, putting them in the back pockets of his jeans. He walked out of his apartment not locking his door, knowing that there are traps installed if an intruder entered his apartment. Dazai set off for the Port Mafia headquarters, as he got a call.

He grabbed his phone out to see it was from Ango, a new friend he had made alongside Oda. They would occasionally go to Lupin together to share a drink and talk about their day. Dazai called the three of them the stray dogs, a bunch of misfits who are good old pals that all work in the port mafia.

Oda being a low rank member who mainly handled clean ups, driving duties and making sure people paid money they owe the mafia as insurance for their safety. Whereas Ango worked in the records room and kept a data profile of every Port Mafia member's background. If a member was to die he would ensure the relatives are aware of their passing and is careful not to reveal their involvement in the port mafia.

"Ahhhh Ango, to what do I owe the pleasure of this phone call?" Dazai chirped in a high pitched tone through the phones speaker.

"The boss needs you in his office asap, he said it's important regarding a mission he wants you to be on" Ango replied calmly on the other side of the phone call.

"On it, Tell him I will be there in 10 minutes top"

"No Dazai you need to go in right now, you know the boss doesn't like to wait-" he shouted through the phone as fast as he could before Dazai ended the call.

"The boss can wait, this weather is perfect for pancakes" Dazai hummed to himself as he walked over to the café down the street from his loft.

...

The bell on the door rung as Dazai pulled the door open of the 'Ariyoshi' one of his favourite places to go to besides Lupin and well, sleeping in his futon back in his apartment.

The aroma of coffee and pastries was the first thing Dazai smelt as he walked into the store. He made his way to his usual spot in the corner of the store near a big window that had a great view of the sky.

On sunny days you could see the rays of light beaming through the white yet transparent fluffy clouds making unique designs in the sky. He turned to look through the window at the sky which was now as grey as wet concrete after being mixed up, ready to be used. A shiver went down Dazai's spine as the waiter came up to his table.

"Well hello there sir, will you be having your usual?" the lady politely asked.

"Not today, I'm feeling peckish today so can i have 4 plates worth of pancakes topped with caramel sauce and whipped cream, oh and a strawberry on top too" he replied as he winked at her.

"Oh I can definitely do that, and will this be going on your tab yet again?"

"Yes, you know me all too well....." Dazai looked at her name tag on her shirt then continued with a smirk on his face. "Misty".

The waiter giggled and walked off to prepare his food. He went to look back outside the window when he heard the door bell ring, not paying much attention to it.

A short girl with h/c and e/c walked into the café. She looked over to see a brunette male in black and white clothing, wrapped in bandages sitting in the corner. She wondered who he was for a second before a waiter came to the register to take her order, taking her attention off the boy with the bandages.