Chapter 1

I was born with a violent birth. My mom told me nothing of it. I never knew my dad. Mom told me he died. I was raised like a normal girl. I had a best friend called Jayden since I was in grade 3. I am a natural redhead like my mom. But I have one thing which makes me different from others. My eyes. They are in 2 different colors. The right is red and the left is green. Because of this, my classmates called me weird and "Mrs too special." I hated it so much. Jayden on the other hand didn't. All through elementary school to high school he treated me like a princess. I am not a princess. I am me. Ask my mom about that. She will give you a damn answer. However, one day, my mom told me that I was shipped to a boarding school for special people considered abnormal to the world. I protested that I wasn't suited to come to that school. Mom would always say the same thing over and over again. "Darling, you don't understand. This is for your good. There are a lot of things you don't know about yourself yet and school is your only hope to figure out what you are." She would always say kind words to me and told me to keep safe all the time. Since there was "danger waiting around the corner". I grew tired of her doing this so I went out myself.

Just before the day, I was supposed to leave home to go to school, I decided to escape without telling anyone. It was the worst idea ever because I never left home without my parents knowing where I was. After all, I am 18 years old, not 3 years old. Though I still scream and cry like a 3-year-old. I packed my bags and left home. I just remembered to call my friend Jayden so he could drive me there. He of course said sure and said he would come in 5 mins. In the meantime, I walked out of the house as quickly as I could. Jayden's car just pulled up in time. He stopped and I got in. His blond hair was a mess and his olive skin was glowing. His blue eyes filled with confusion

"So what exactly are you gonna say to your parents when they find out you've left?" He asks.

I haven't quite thought about that question. I should probably send them a message.

"I don't know. I just wanted to get a head start and try to figure things out before everyone else does." I say with a sigh. He gives me a confused look.

"But why would you need to get a head start? Also, where is the school located?" He asks as he turns the car towards the highway and speeds up.

"It's located in the area close to the Stanislaus National Forest," I say in the coldest voice I can.

He stares at me.

"We are only in L.A! That's 5 hours and 25 min from here," He says in astonishment.

I sigh. I can't just tell him.

"You don't want to tell me something right?" He asks.

I sigh.

"I don't think you want to hear it at all," I say and lean my head back and fall fast asleep.