Chapter 4

Once we are done eating I feel that someone is following me. Probably it's Josh. But I was wrong. I turn around to find a figure in a black cloak.

"Come with me," the figure says.

"Why do you want me to come with you?" I ask.

"I have something important to say to you," it says.

"And what is that?" I ask.

"I want to talk to you in private," it says impatiently.

I stupidly follow it. It leads me outside of the school grounds and towards a very gothic-style cathedral.

"Is this it?" I ask when it stops and turns to me.

It nods and lifts its hood. It's a man who is way older than me. His eyes pierce right through me like knives.

"My name is Vander."

I shiver. That name reminds me of the person in my nightmares.

What are you doing with a stranger in a church? I ask myself.

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask him.

He simply smiles.

"You are one of us," he says as if it were the most ordinary thing to say. " We were looking for you. And here you are."

I stare at him in total disbelief.

He sighs.

" I remember when I first came here just like you." he says, not looking at me." My mother was killed and my father left me. I felt great sorrow. I decided to get revenge. I started to gather anyone who would believe me and train them to kill the person who killed my mother."

This was the first time I felt sorry for him even though I didn't believe him.

"Now.." he was cut off by a girl's voice shouting, "Get away from her!"

Once I saw her I stood in surprise.

"Lana. Oh there you are once again," he says.

She sighs and pulls out a blade that's covered in runes. It shines brightly.

"I am giving you one last chance!" she screams. "Get the hell away from her! Otherwise, you will face the tip of this blade."

He leaves silently.

I release a breath.

Lana puts her blade down and turns to me.

"You need to be more careful," Lana says. "Without me noticing you here you would be in deep trouble. You can go home now."

I nod and turn away quietly.

"Hey, Lana!" say two male voices. "What is she doing here——"

I stop in my tracks.