Chapter 18

I woke up in my room. Feeling numb and weak, my legs burn and my mouth goes dry.

"Avery!" says a voice. It's Lana's. I smile weakly and she embraces me in a tight hug. She pulls away with a worried look on her face.

"What happened to me?" I ask her.

She sighs.

"You fainted because of the magic that Vander used to make the potion that made you faint," she began. "So we decided to take you back home. Ace was worried about you and said that it would not be possible and reasonable to get on with the mission. As soon as we got back to the Institute, Jordan scolded us for not being careful enough. The High Warlock of L. A came to treat you, while Jordan was contacting Aressall's HQ to try to find out what happened to your mom and Vander, yet he found nothing,"

Then Ace enters the room, rushing towards me. Once he's in arms reach I grab him by the arms and hug him. He hugs me back tightly.

" I was so afraid that you would die, luckily you're safe now," he says in my hair. I hear Lana laughs and walk out of the door muttering to herself. I smile to myself.

"I will always be there by your side," I say snuggling my face into his shoulder the scent of lemons and spice fills my nose which is what I love about Ace. I've always loved the way he takes care of me loves me for me. He strokes my hair softly making my eyes slowly close. I enjoy the feeling of love when it is given by the right person. He lays down next to me and falls asleep.

The next morning I wake up feeling a bit better than I had last night. The pain in my head is almost gone.

"Good morning love," says Ace stroking my face.

I giggle and hug him tight.

"Good morning love," I say back.

What would I do without his love for me?

"Wanna have some breakfast?" he asks me.

I nod and get ready for the day.

At breakfast, we talk about the day enjoying each other's company. It's what I used to experience with my parents back at home. But now I found a new home a home which I love and never want to go back to the old times. I've made new friends found a new boyfriend whom I love with my heart and soul. That's what I call a new start to life.