Chapter 3

I wake up to the sound of giggling. I check my watch and it reads 07;00. How can people be awake at 07;00? I grunt and tie my hair up in a bun. I open the door and find 3 other girls sitting on a couch. They all stare at me.

"Umm..what are you doing here?" one of them says. The other 2 nods.

I sigh and sit down.

"I came yesterday at 23;00," I say. "I was supposed to come today but I decided to come ahead because I needed more time to settle in. My name is Avery."

All of the 3 girls smile. They introduce themselves. I learned that their names are Ley Calline and Kendra. Ley has blond hair and green eyes. Calline has black hair and blue eyes. Kendra has brown eyes and brunette hair. We talk for another hour about our favorite subjects and things that we are interested in. They mainly like art, which was always been my favorite subject.

"Well I am getting hungry, let's go for breakfast," says Calline.

I nodded and I was very hungry as well but I needed to change out of my PJs. I excused myself. Once I was changed I headed out of the door with the others. They all seem nice so I had a growing want to get to know them better.

"Well, Avery, are you ready for this semester?" asks Kendra.

I shrug.

" I don't know the school that well. I hope we have interesting subjects. I also hope to make some new friends in my classes." I say

Suddenly I bump right into someone.

"I'm so sorry. You're beautiful just so you know."He says. "My name is Josh."My hair is a mess. I try to straighten it when he takes my hand and lifts it away. I blush.

Calline winked at me and pointed straight ahead. I nodded.

"So are you excited for school?" he asks.

I nod. He smiles which makes me blush.

Then we walk to the cafeteria where breakfast is held. I got a cup of coffee and a chocolate croissant. He gets an omelet and a cup of coffee as well. We decide to eat outside where we have a bit more privacy.

"So when does the semester start? And are there any ranks?" I ask randomly.

He shrugs.

"You haven't been here yet, have you? Well, we have classes that we qualify for. We have trials for each subject and the ones we get to do are the ones we have." He says. " A semester lasts for 7 months, that's when we have Xmas vacation. Each of us has specific powers and a place that we belong in. There are five camps;

Fairy Folk

Werewolves

Mermaids

Vampires

Witches

There is also the 6th one. It however is very rare. It's the Midnights. They control the dark magic, and the moon and tend to disappear a lot. They have runes which they use to hide."

My stomach rolls. What if I am one of the Midnights?