Chapter 2

"We are here!" says Jayden.

I slowly open my eyes and yawn.

"How fast did you drive?" I ask and wipe my hair out of my face.

He shrugged.

"I didn't. Anyway, you should go to school," he says sadly.

I gather my things and get out of the car. But before I can leave something pulls me towards Jayden. I didn't even say goodbye to him. I turn towards the car and peek my head in.

"Goodbye, Jayden. Thanks for driving me," I say.

He smirks.

"You're welcome. I hope to see you when you have a vacation," he says.

I smile and take my head out of the car while he drives away. I walk towards the huge building in the distance. Once I am close enough I am stunned by the hugeness of the place. It looked like a church with high windows and gothic-style architecture. I find the big front doors and with only a touch they open. Inside there is another world. On top of the ceiling is a fresco that looks like it was copied from the Sistine Chapel.

"Hello?" I ask. Then a woman with long brown hair emerges from the shadows. She looks like she came from out of nowhere.

"Hello, I suppose you have a question," she says.

I nod.

" I was supposed to come to this school tomorrow but I decided that it would be best if I came now," I say. She smiles. She kindly leads me to the room that I am going to be staying in.

"Here is your room. People are sleeping in here so try to be quiet. Breakfast is from 09;00 to 10;00. Lunch is from 12;00 to 13;00. Dinner is from 17;00 to 19;00. Lights out at 24;00," she says and walks away. I open the door and find an empty bedroom and go straight to bed. I fall asleep fast since I am so tired. I dream of many things. Mainly my mom. God, I miss her.