Looking forward

~Evelyn~
The ceremony have just ended and I'm looking for Danny in the crowd. I finally see him and run for his arms. He catches me and holds me tight. "I got promoted!!" I say with excitement and kiss him. When I let go he puts me down and looks proudly at me. "I'm proud of you" he says softly while removing some hair from my face. I blush and look down. I can see Reds boots behind Danny and look up over Dannys shoulder, "Hey Red" I say and he answers "Hello Evelyn, we should probably go find the others" Danny nods and puts his arm around me. "Do you have any idea where they might be?" And all three of us look around to spot them in the crowd. But there's so many people it's impossible.

~Danny~
We ended just leaving and now we're at the diner next to the cinema. The same place where Evelyn and I had our first date. Even though we didn't know it was a date. Evelyn, Red, Gooz who we managed to find and I are sitting at a table, drinking some milkshakes and just talking. Suddenly we see the others walk in the door and come join us. Sandra and Barbara are all over Evelyn of course congratulating her on being promoted. I just can't stop looking at her. Smiling over her perfect smile and how beautiful she is. I'm a very lucky man and I can't wait to propose to her. She's 6 months pregnant right now and I'm planning to propose tomorrow. On tuesday the 19th May 1942. We are supposed to go to the beach with all of the others and have a relaxing day before we have to think about the war again. Neither Evelyn or I have left the service. Evelyn will take a break when getting closer to the due date and I have been promised not to be deployed while she's pregnant. So right now I'm still flying and she's still being a nurse but since I'm a major now I'll be getting more administrative work and work more as a leader.