Looking perfect

~Evelyn~
July 24th 1942
Danny is walking around like a chicken without a head. Most of the squads he is training leaves in 3 days and I'm due for birth in 10 days. He hasn't told me, but I can feel that he's scared about being a father. His father used to be really rude to him so I think Danny's scared that he won't be a good father. I have no doubt in Danny. I think he will be a lovely father who really cares about our child. At this moment I'm really big and heavy... I have gained around 31 pounds/14 kilos during my pregnancy but Danny can still carry me which he does everyday just to prove it. "Eve?" Dannys voice pulls me out of my stream of thoughts. I walk to him in the kitchen and find him covered in flour and dough. "What on earth are you doing?" I ask him while smiling. He grins "Uhm... I tried to bake a bread for you... But as you can see it didn't go as planned." I laugh at him but walk over to help him. He's actually really good at cooking so I don't know how he can't bake a bread... "Danny, my love?" He looks at me "Yes?" He asks and I answer "Are you afraid of being a bad father?" He shakes his head "No, no it will be fine." And I narrow my eyebrows at him waiting for him to tell me the real truth. "Maybe I am... A little bit... I just don't want to be like my father... Impatient, angry, judging, I could keep going. I just really want to do well... For Rafe too. He never got to experience having kids and getting married... I really want to do you right too. You lost your first love twice and we're still at war... Nobody can promise us anything. Especially not tomorrow... I just..." I stop his torrent of words by kissing him. A passinonated kiss. After the one kiss I keep my hands on his cheeks and look him deeply in the eyes. "Danny Walker, you are the most caring person I know and I will love you for all my life. Just as you will with our baby. You will be patient, and tell him all of the stories you have about uncle Rafe in heaven, you'll be the one he looks up to and take him flying when the war is over and we will live in peace with our friends and you will be an amazing father. Don't for a second think otherwise." He pulls me closer, closing the gap between our lips, kisses me passionated. He lifts me on to the last clean countertop and keeps kissing me. His hands are still on my waist and my hands behind his neck. We just kiss slowly for a couple of minutes but suddenly I feel something warm and wet between my legs... But it's not just a little bit. There's so much water it runs to the floor and splashes making Danny pull away and look down to where the dripping sound comes from. "Did that just? Did your water just? Break??" I nod "I think so..." He looks at me a little panicked. He lifts me up and carries me to the couch. "Okay, I'll just run to the hospital and get Dr. Stevens!" I nod, trying not to show that I'm terrified to be left alone in this situation. He looks at me "Eve I hate to leave you like this, but I will run the fastest I can and I will be back as fast as possible! I promise!" He kisses my forehead and then runs out the front door.

~Danny~
Shit, shit, shit, shit... It's now, there's no going back. I run as fast as I can to the hospital. When I reach the building I see Barbara opening the door to leave. She sees me and asks "What's going on Danny is everything okay?" I shake my head and takes a breath after the running "It's Evelyn, she's giving birth, please run to our house so she isn't alone while I find Dr. Stevens." She nods and runs off. I run into the hospital and find Dr. Stevens office. I knock quickly on the door and wait for someone to open it. Dr. Stevens does and looks at my stressed face. "Major Walker!? What's going on?" He asks and I answer "it's finally happening, Evelyn is giving birth!" Just then Sandra walks behind me hearing everything. She stops up and looks at me with big eyes. He nods and grabs his doctor bag before he follows me out of the hospital. All three of us run to our house where we see a lightly sweating Evelyn with Barbara sitting beside her... "Oh Danny, it's so good to see you." She smiles, relieved that I'm finally back. I run to her, take her hand and kisses her forehead. "I'm right here Eve." I say to her and smile. "I'll be right here, forever."

Many hours pass by and Evelyn is finally able to push and actually give birth. I hold her hand through it all. Sandra and Barbara shifts between holding her hand and helping Dr. Stevens. "One last push Eve!" Sandra says to her and Evelyns scream ekkoes through our house. I have never been more proud of the woman I love but her screams tear right through my heart. It hurts to hear her pain and not being able to help in any way. I suddenly hear a baby cry and everything else silences. I look Evelyn in the eyes and she smiles tired to me. "Go see our baby." She says to me and I leave her side for a minute. Sandra is getting ready to letting me cut the umbilical cord and when I have done that she wraps our baby in a cloth and hands my child to me. "A healthy little babyboy." I hold my child and sit back down next to where Evelyn lies. I look at my son and looks at Evelyn, her eyes lies on our son and they are glowing. "You wanna hold him?" I ask and she nods with a tired smile. "Please." I smile and hands him over to her. She holds him in her arms and looks at him with endless love. "He's perfect..." She looks up at me and smiles "I love you Evelyn." She smiles and leans in for a kiss. I kiss her back and she answers "I love you too Danny." Barbara breaks our little moment "Ugh you two... I wish I was that in love..." We all laugh a little and Sandra asks "Do you have a name for him?" I look at Evelyn and she nods. "I was thinking of Rafael, in honor of Rafe." The girls nod, "That sounds like a wonderful name." Sandra says and then Dr. Stevens breaks the happiness. "I'm sorry everyone, but I want to make sure that Evelyn is completely okay after the birth so could you please step out of the room?" We all nod and Evelyn gives me Rafael back into my arms. I kiss her forehead before we all leave the room. We sit by the table in the kitchen and I can't stop looking at my son. The most perfect little creature in my arms. A perfect mix of Evelyn and I and I will forever protect him against the darkest sides of the world. My Rafael John Walker.