Looking adorable

~Evelyn~
I can't stop looking at him. His brown eyes like Dannys with a touch of green like mine. His little amount of dark hair. His small grasping hands and his adorable face. I wish Rafe could have seen him... He would have been so proud of us and an amazing uncle figure. "Eve?" I look up "Huh? Sorry I was just dazing for a minute." Danny smiles at me "Are you okay?" I nod "Yeah... I was just thinking of how much I would have wanted Rafe to meet Rafael... He would have been so proud of us..." He nods "I know Eve... He told me right before he died..." I look at him with big eyes. He has never told me about Rafes last words and I haven't asked because I didn't want to touch such a tough subject. He starts talking again "When he was laying in my arms and I told him not to die he cut me off and said

~Danny let me tell you something. You're going to be a father. I wasn't supposed to tell you. Do me proud, I love you both~

And those were his last words..." I look him in his eyes. We are both letting a tear fall from our eyes and I wipe mine away before it drips down on Rafael.
"Can we visit him today?" I ask with a teary voice. "I really want to show him Rafael." Danny nods and smiles sad at me. "Of course, we can go after I have trained squad 7. We'll be done by 12." I nod and smile back with tears in my eyes. "That would be lovely." We are sitting on the wings of Dannys plane in Hangar 21. There's completely silent. It's the spare hangar and since Danny won't be going into war in the nearest time they moved it here. I'm just sitting, relaxing with a smile on my face, next to the man I love and my newborn child in my arms. Suddenly I hear a clicking noise in the silence and look towards the sound. A woman in a navy uniform walks towards us and her heels made the clicking noise. "Captain Johnson?" She asks and looks at me with questioning eyes. I nod "yes?" and she answers "I need you to come down to the hospital in an hour. Orders from Admiral Kimmel." I nod "of course. I'll be there. Should I wear my uniform?" She nods "I would if I were you." And winks before she leaves. I look at Danny who is looking at me with big eyes. "What was that about? " He asks and I shrug with a smile. "I have no idea but I should probably go home and change. It must be important." He smiles at me "I'll go with you and look after Rafael. I just have to be back by 9." I smile and kiss his nose. He jumps down from the plane and takes Rafael from my arms to put him into the baby carriage. A few seconds after his hands are on my waist lifting me down from the wing of the plane and I land safely on my feet in his arms. We stand still in a trance and his hand moves to my hair. He moves a lock of hair behind my ear and looks me in the eyes. "Can't we just pause time for a little while?" He asks with praying look on his face. I laugh "I wish we could." and kiss him deeply. "Let's go, I have to look nice for the admiral." He nods and we leave the hangar with Rafael in the carriage. Even though World War II is in full flame and people are dying all around the world, I feel very safe with my baby in a carriage in front of me and Dannys arm around me.

We reach our little house and I run inside to change my clothes. I hear Danny coming into the bedroom with Rafael in his arms while I find my uniform. I find it in the back of our small closet. I only wear it for special occasions. Danny wears his uniform to work everyday now after he has been promoted to major because he is ranked as a leader now too. Mine is dark blue and white, Dannys brown and with medals. He received the silver star after the attack in December and received the purple heart when he was in the hospital after being shot in the shoulder. He also has other medals from his heroism in the air. I have the commendation ribbon on my uniform.
I have just put on my uniform and is brushing my hair while I listen to Danny who's talking to Rafael. They're laying in our bed. Rafael is looking up at Danny with his hands in the air, reaching for his front hair hanging down.