Looking better

~Evelyn~
June 14th 1942
It's been a couple of days since Helen delivered her baby. Dannys wound is healing nicely and he will soon be able to take off the bandage. I'm at the beach with the girls right now just relaxing and enjoying our free time. "So Evelyn, how's Danny?" Barbara asks with a teasing voice. I blush and look down "He's just fine Barbara. Thanks for asking." I answer with a neutral voice, not giving her any details or ideas. She looks at me a little annoyed "Oh come on Evelyn, you got pregnant somehow? And if we count the months and everything it can only be Dannys." I nod "It is his child." And she looks at me with a "go on then"-look I sigh, "you remember the night before the attack where we were supposed to go out all of us girls and I never showed up?" Both her and Sandra nods. "That was the night. He took me up in his P-40 plane and we flew around over Pearl Harbor and saw the sunset it was incredibly beautiful." Sandra and Barbara looks at me with romantic eyes. "That sounds so romantic!" Sandra says with dreaming eyes. "I miss Billy... He might not have been the most romantic man, but he was sweet and funny and he really liked me... And I really liked him..." Barbara says with a tear in her eye. I take her hand. "He would have wanted you to live your life and move on. Like you two told me the first time with Rafe. Then I met Danny and realised how amazing he is. Life will give you lemons, you just have to make lemonade with them." Sandra looks at me with a believeing look in her eyes and we all take eachothers hands. "We just gotta take care of eachother and find you some sweet men." I say with a optimistic voice. And they both nod and smile at me. We just sit still and look out over the water for a while until Sandra breaks the silence. "So are you nervous?" I look at her a little confused. "About the birth?" She asks and I nod, understanding what she means "I suppose... I mean there's not really a way out and I look forward to meeting my child." She smiles at me "I'm glad! I'm so happy for you and we can't wait to meet baby Walker."

~Danny~
June 21st 1942
I'm om my way to the hospital right now. I'm supposed to be cleared by a doctor to be able to work again and I'll get to loose the sling. I really look forward to being able to fly and train recruits again. I actually really like training recruits, it gives me the possibility to share my knowledge and flying abilities to other soldiers. Plus it gives me the change to serve my country and stay here with Evelyn at the same time. When I get there it's silent and I'm greeted by a nurse. "Good morning major Walker." I greet her back with a smile "Good morning ma'am." "I'll just find Dr. Stevens for you real quick." She says and I nod, stand still waiting for the doctor. "Good morning major Walker, follow me please." The doctor says and I follow him to the room he leads me to. I take off my shirt and the doctor starts to take off my bandage. "It's looking much better" I can't help myself but smile "Really!?" He nods "Yes you will definetly loose the sling today, but I'll have you keep a smaller bandage on." I nod, I'm just glad I can loose the sling. "Soo will I be able to fly again? And train recruits?" I ask him with a hopeful voice. He nods "Yes, I suppose you can fly. But no fighting, shooting or going into war. And I don't see a problem in you training recruits." I nod and raise my left hand a little "yes! Thank you so much doctor!" He laughs at my happiness "I'm happy for you major Walker. I'll see you in a couple of weeks for miss Johnsons birth" I nod and shake his hand before I head home.