Looking up

~Danny~
Today is the day. I have the ring in the pocket of my shorts and an unbuttoned hula shirt on. Everyone is exited for the relaxing day and the guys keeps winking at me or patting me on the back. They know what's about to happen and I'm unbelieveably nervous. Still there's only one thing I'm afraid of... That she loves him more than me... Even though he's not here anymore. Rafe would support me in this, I have to believe in this and live life for him.

We just arrived at the beach and are unpacking the sunshades, towels and a sunscreen Red managed to steal from the army base. (They were pretty new and rare in 1942) Suddenly Gooz yells "Last one in the water is a looser!" We all laugh and hurry to strip down to our bathing clothes. I'm fast since my shirt is already unbuttoned and my shorts are my bathing clothes. Evelyn on the other hand is struggling to get her dress off since some of it is stuck on her stomach. Since I was the first in the water, I get back to the beach and help her out. She smiles a little when she gets free of the dress and I take my shot and get down on one knee. "Evelyn Johnson. I love you with my whole heart and I will fight every war, every battle for your heart. Even the World War II. Will you marry me?" I say looking up at her with the ring opened up in my hands. There's a tear on her cheek and she has wet eyes. But she smiles and nods. "Of course Danny. I love you" I smile the happiest smile in my life and put the ring on her finger. Afterwards I put my one hand on her back and the other I put on her jaw and pulls her in for a kiss before I pull her even closer and hug her.

My soon to be Evelyn Walker. I love her.