14💌

The next morning I got up early to grab the note off the door and then head to work

Before going to work I opened the letter.

Dear Secret Admirer,

I must say chocolate is my life! Most of my memories are with chocolate. I hope it makes you smile when you eat it.

I can't help but smile. I have no idea who this is but just the talk of chocolate makes me think of Vaylin and her soft lips.

I gather my briefcase and head inside. I get stopped by the security guard and talk for a few minutes before heading up to my office.

I had my head stuck in an account when dad walked in.

"Hey, son! Going to meet Vaylin for lunch?"

"I think so why?"

"I was hoping you would bring me more of those cherries back."

"If she has some made I can ask though."

"OK well, I'll take all she has made." He laughed.

"If she doesn't I'll ask if she will make some and I'll pick them up for you later."

"Thanks, son! I know I don't get in your personal business but are you more than friends?"

"Umm, I'm not sure dad. We have kissed a couple of times but I'm hoping for more."

"Ahh, what it's like to be young and in love." He said walking away.

Around 11:45 am I got on the elevator and headed downstairs and when I got in the lobby Vaylin was standing there.

"Hey!"

"It's a bit cold out there today and rainy so I thought I would get the tacos and wait inside for you."

"Let's go up to my office," I said taking the bag from her and leading her over to the elevator.

Once on the elevator, there were several people on it and she was standing in front of me and I couldn't help but put my hand on her hip.

She looked back at me and smiled and I wanted to kiss her right then and there but too many people on the elevator.

When everyone got off the elevator we had a few more floors to go and when she turned around I couldn't help it and just leaned down and kissed her lips.

When we broke apart she smiled. "I always wanted to kiss in an elevator." She laughed.

"Well then let me make it better," I said pulling her close and crashing my lips on hers.

We didn't even hear the elevator open until someone cleared their throat. I looked up and it was a coworker and he was smirking.

We got off the elevator and she followed me to my office and when I shut the door she was just standing there smiling.

"I'm sorry if I embarrassed you."

"You didn't Theo I asked for it." She laughed.

We sit down across from each other and eat our tacos.

"I brought some candy." She smiled.

"Oh, that reminds me. My dad wanted to know if you had more of those green cherry things."

"I do have probably two dozen why?"

"My dad wants them. When I get off work can I come by and get them?"

"Sure that's fine with me. I had sold some of them but they aren't as popular as the others."

"So what kind of candy did you bring today?"

"Homemade Hershey kisses with nuts and then one with a nougat."

"Oh, I'm ready for both." I smiled.

"Is this in place of a real kiss?"

"No way Theo."

I opened the wrapper and put one in my mouth. "God that tastes really good."

"Which one do you have in your mouth?"

"The nut one."

She sits and smiles at me as she pops one in her mouth.

"How did you get it to look so cute?"

"That was my grandfather's recipe and mold that was passed down from his dad I think but they didn't have a store then."

"So your grandfather had the store and passed it down to your dad?"

"Yeah, and I went with dad all the time and watched him and grandfather and I wanted to learn and so I was making these by the time I was ten."

"Wow, Vaylin that's something and you are the best chocolatiers I know."

"Thank you, Theo. I love watching people enjoy my candy."

I pop the next one into my mouth and the nougat is delicious. "I think I like this one best."

"It's my favorite too. My grandfather came up with the recipe by making a mistake and well it's a hit." She smiled.

I could just melt in her eyes and when she smiles it lights up the whole room.

We finished eating and she stood up and walked over to the window. "I can't get over this view."

"Neither can I," I smirked at her.

She looked at me and laughed.

"Vaylin I get nervous when I'm around you because all I want to do is kiss you."

"I do have kissable lips don't I?"

"I can't remember but I would like to find out again."

"Is that so?" She smiles reaching out grabbing my tie pulling me close to her.

I felt her breath on my lips before I caress her face and kiss her soft lips.

We break apart and she smiles at me before kissing me again.

"Can I take you out to dinner sometime Vaylin?"

"I would like that Theo." She smiled.

"I will let you know when I make a reservation then."

"Good! Well, I better get going. I will see you in a little while when you come for the candy."

"I cant wait to see you, Theo."

"Let me walk you down to your car it's the least I can do."

"I would like that Theo." She smiled.

We walked out and got to the elevator and as soon as the door closed Vaylin grabbed my tie and pulled me so close to her and smacked her lips to mine.