19🍫

I toss and turn all night thinking about Theo and my feelings for him

I fall asleep without even opening the secret admirer's letter. I will in the morning.

I wake up and shower and head to open the letter to see what they have to say today with it so much closer to Valentine's Day.

I open the envelope and read.

I smile. I'm so happy that this person has found happiness again. I know Jenna has been gone a long time now and it's way past time to move on.

I sit down at the bar and write a response before going to work.

I stick it on the door and head out to my car. Once at work I find Issac and Beau hard at work mixing candy.

"Morning guys! I will be making blueberry hearts so you guys can make the solid chocolate ones if you want."

"Sounds like a plan boss," Issac said.

I went laid my stuff down and grabbed my favorite apron and went to the back to stir some chocolate and make the blueberry cream for the middle.

While getting the recipe out I saw my grandfather's handwriting and for some reason, it teared me up.

None of this would have been possible without him. I wipe my eyes and get started.

By the time lunchtime come around someone walked up and when I looked up it was Theo.

"Hey, sweetness! I figured you were busy and so I brought tacos."

"I'm glad that you did I'm starving," I said moving the hearts into the freezer.

I follow him into my office and he pulls me in and kisses my lips.

"You look, tired sweetheart."

"I am tired I've been busy ever since I came in." I smiled.

"Well, I hope the tacos help you to feel better."

"Just you being here makes me feel better Theo."

He smiled and winked at me as he took a bite of his taco. "Did you get the blueberry hearts done?"

"I did that's what I worked on all morning. They are in the freezer now." I smiled.

"Well, I can't wait to try one."

"When I got my grandfather's recipe out I teared up this morning. If it wasn't for him none of this would be possible or I wouldn't love making candy."

"It was all meant to be sweetness just like it was meant for me to walk into this shop." He smiled.

"I think your right Theo." I smiled.

After we ate I walked back to the freezer and got two hearts out so we could eat them.

When I came back into my office Theo held out his hand and pulled me onto his lap.

I wrapped my arm around his neck and handed him a heart with my other hand.

We clicked them together and took a bite.

"Oh damn, I think this is my favorite now." He laughed.

"It is mine too if I'm being honest." I smile at him.

"Do you make this at any other time?"

"Yeah, all year round they just aren't shaped like hearts. Some are round and some are bunnies it just depends on the season really."

"Oh wait until my dad tries this." He laughs and leans in for a kiss.

"Thank you for taking me out on a date Theo and inviting me over."

"It was my pleasure to have such a beautiful woman on my arm even though you made it hard for me to sleep last night." He laughs.

"You too huh? Yeah, I couldn't sleep either thinking about the couch."

"Is that so? I guess you felt what you did to me."

"How could I not." I laughed taking another bite of my blueberry heart.

"Ok change the subject or I won't be able to walk out of here." He laughed.

"I'm sorry am I making it uncomfortable for you?" I shifted on his lap.

"Oh, you play dirty Vaylin."

I couldn't help but laugh as he pulled me in for a kiss. It started off as an innocent kiss and turned sloppy quickly.

"Alright I will quit because you really won't be able to walk."

"Too late sweetness."

I leaned in and kissed him again and smiled. "I'm not sure what you're doing to me Theo but I like it."

"I like it too." He smiled.

I rubbed my fingers down his face and leaned in for another kiss when there was a knock on the door.

"Yes?"

"Boss I'm going to go grab some lunch."

"Alright, Issac!" I said through the door.

"I should probably get going. Can I buy some of those hearts? I want dad to try them."

"Sure let's go get you some. How many do you want?"

"Six. That way he can take a couple of home for mom to try."

"Alright, let's go get them."  I get off his lap and walk over to the door and he pulls me back and turns me around and gives me one hell of a kiss.

"I have a question for you Vaylin."

"What's that?"

"Will you be my Valentine?"

"I would love to be your valentine, Theo."

"Ok, we will make plans then." He leans in kissing me again before we walk back to the freezer.

I wrap up six of them and walk him out front and ring him up and walk him out to his truck.

"I will call you later ok?"

"Sounds good enjoy the rest of your day Theo."

I lean in and kiss him again. It's like I can't get enough of him. I have never kissed so much in my entire life.

I watch him drive away and I walk back inside and Elena smiles at me. "I just got asked to be his Valentine."

"Oh, Vaylin! That is so sweet!!" She giggled.

"Thanks! That's a first for me and I'm excited. I really like him, Elena."

"I can tell and he really likes you as well because it's all over his face."

I can't help but smile walking back to my office.