15. 1st of April

09:01 AM

To: Michael

I'm here. Where are you sitting?

sent

09:05 AM

From: Michael

I'm sitting at the booth.

read

09:05 AM

To: Michael

I found you.

read

...

I walked in and found Michael sitting on our usual spot at the small cafe. It was at the booth. I took a deep breath before I walk over to him. I'm nervous. My palms are starting to sweat, my breath is a bit shaky, and my stomach is starting to churn. I just hope nothing awkward will happen. I said 'Hey' to him while sitting next to him. He smiled at me and said 'Hi' back at me. The waitress came and we both took our usual order.

He still orders the same thing. A cup of coffee and some toast. What he does is he usually bring his own vegemite and spread it on the toast himself.

I don't know if I just know him too well but he slowly took out his small jar full of vegemite from the pocket of his jacket. I stifled a laugh and he looked at me, doing his signature smirk.

It was weird. Being with your ex after all these months and still knowing who he is.

Michael hasn't changed a single bit. He still like the same bands and he still does the same old things. He still is a musician and he still puts his own vegemite on his toast. He still dyes his hair different shades of colors and he still does that smirk he does. He still wear t-shirts with band logos on it and he still wears black converse shoes. He's still taller than me and he still have his little puppy in his apartment.

Even after all these months, I thought he might changed. But I guess, Michael will always be Michael.

...