16. 5th of April

14:18 PM

From: Michael

Hey, can I come over? I'm bored.

read

14:19 PM

To: Michael

What time? I'm still at work right now.

sent

14:19 PM

From: Michael

Around 18:30 maybe?

read

14:23 PM

To: Michael

Yeah, I guess I'll be home by then. But I'll text you again if I'm coming late.

sent

14:25 PM

From: Michael

Okay, sure. Thanks.

read

...

I did texted him I'm coming late but I didn't expect him to be waiting for me, in front of my office. That is the sweetest thing he had ever done. While we were dating, he never really done anything out of the ordinary. He never does surprises or those cheesy candle light dinners.

He was leaning against the wall when the elevator door was open. He was scrolling through his phone, the faint light of the phone screen was giving light to his face. He was wearing his denim jacket and his snapback.

I said 'hey, what're you doing here?' And he just shrugged and said that he decided to wait for me. We got dinner after that, at this small Chinese restaurant near our apartment. We ordered out food and have small talks once again. We keep things simple and nothing out of the ordinary.

We got our fortune cookies and I was really excited on opening it and Michael teased me by saying that I'm so immature. I told him that a little excitement never hurt. He laughed and said, 'didn't you remember that one time you hit me on the face because you were so excited that you're getting your FOB shirt early?'

I only laugh at his statement and said 'yes, of course I remember'. we then crack our fortune cookies. Mine said 'adventure awaits for you' and I only laugh at it because it's so random.

Michael got this random number and the piece of paper told use to call it for 'good luck'. So we did and decided to do a prank call. Sadly the number doesn't exist, so our little prank call plan got cancelled.

We split the check and head our way back to our apartment after that. Michael kept on rambling about how the postman is so stupid for getting our mails mixed up most of the time. I only smiled at him.

We got to our apartments and before that he told me that he wanted us to hang out again sone other time. I'm just relieved that we're not in bad terms or anything.

As I was about to go to bed, I heard faint sounds of  a guitar from next door.

I decided to sleep on the couch, just so I can fall asleep to the sound of him playing his guitar.

...