Chapter 18: Oh shit...

As we're finishing up breakfast, my brothers are taking plates and cleaning up. I see everyone smiling and happy and enjoying each others company. I smile as I look at all the people around me who love and care for me just at much as I do them. I look at Sapphire and see her playing in syrup.

Me: "Sapph..Come on let's go get you cleaned up."

Sapphire: "Otay, I sowwy mommy"

Me: "Its okay sweetie" I chuckle as I pick her up.

Me: "Hey Jeff, can you look in her dresser and find her something to wear please?"

Jeff: "On it Oreo" I continue upstairs with Sapphire in my arms playing with her sticky hands. I get to the bathroom and set her on the counter by the sink. I start running her bath water and get her bubbles that she likes.

Jeff comes in with her clothes and sets them by her on the counter.

Jeff: "Uh-oh a bubble bath? Someone famous must be taking a bath in here..Hmm could it be..Miley Cyrus?...Selena Gomez?"

Sapphire: "Who is Miwey Kyprus, and Sewena Gomwez?" Jeff gives a awkward look.

Me: "She doesn't like all the usual things little girls her age like. She likes wrestling and football. Plus, my brothers won't let her watch any of the newer tv shows, they show her the old cartoons that we watched as a kid."

Sapphire: "Mommy?..."

Me: "Yeah sweetie?"

Sapphire: "Are you and daddy marrwied?" I look to Jeff to see him already looking at me...

Me: "Umm..No sweetie, we're not.."

Sapphire: "But, don't you wove each chother?"

Jeff: "Honey, we love each other, just not in the usual way that mommy's and daddy's love each other. We're friends. And don't think for one second that just because we're not together that we don't love you. No matter what happens between me and mommy, we will always love you, always."

Sapphire: "Otay daddy..."

Jeff: "Come on, let's get all cleaned up so we can have our day of fun" Sapphire sqeals with joy. I go to get her ready for her bath when Jeff stops me.

Jeff: "I got it, you can go get cleaned up too. Today, is all about my two special girls." He says and gives me a kiss on my cheek. I smile and try to hide my blush. I nod my head and turn around to walk out. I go to my room and start picking out some clothes to wear. I don't exactly know what Jeff has under his sleeve so I'm not sure what I should wear.

As I'm looking, I hear squeals and giggles. I go out the room and go to the bathroom. I'm about to go in, when I see Jeff and Saph having a bubble fight. I stand by the door way and watch as Jeff picks up a handful of bubbles and blows them at Saph.

Sapphire: "Hehehe. I love you daddy." I see Jeff freeze and see that, that hit him. He starts nodding his head and I guess smiling.

Jeff: "I love you too sweetheart. And I promise, that I will never leave your side. I'll always be here for you, and for your mommy."

Sapphire: "gasp, do you love mommy like other mommies and daddies?" Jeff sighs and hesistates.

Jeff: "Don't tell mommy this, this is a secret between me and you okay? Pinky promise?" Jeff asks holding up his pinky. Sapphire giggles and holds up her tiny pinky and clasps it with Jeff's.

Jeff: "Alright now...Yes, I do love your mommy like other mommies and daddies. She, just like you, are my everything, and I live to make you guys happy. I would love for me and mommy to get back together, so that we can all be a happy family."

 My heart stops. I know he didn't just say that...Tell me, he didn't just say that. Where the hell is Booker when you need him?? Jeff doesn't want me back. He's just saying that to her....I hope. Ughh...Do I really want to get back with Jeff? No, I can't, I'm with Phil now....I don't want to think about this right now.

I turn around and head back to my room. I sit on my bed and start back sorting through my clothes when I get a call. I pick it up without looking at the caller I.D.

Me: "Hello?"

Phil: "Why do you sound so depressed babe?" 

Me: "Oh, I didn't even know it was you. I'm not depressed I'm just....I'm confused..."

Phil: ".....Aboouuut?" Should I tell him? Should I tell him that I think I'm still in love with Jeff??

Me: "Just..About what to wear. Jeff is taking me and Saph to have like a family day I guess, and he hasn't told us where we're going, so I don't know what to dress for.."

Phil: "Aw, that sounds nice...Now the truth.." Ughh, little fucker.

Me: "I'm not going to talk to you about it on the phone...Anyway, how's your time off going?"

Phil: "It would be great if my lovely, sexy, awesome girlfriend would tell me what's wrong...But other than that, it's been ehh. I would rather be with you, in a bed, no clothes, just our warm skin to-"

Me: "OKAY!! I get it, you little horn ball haha"

Phil: "I was going to say cuddling, watching movies, gosh Skylar, get your head out of the gutter."

Me: "Yeah but cleaning the gutter is your job"

Phil: "Pft whatever. Now come on, tell Punky poo what's wrong.."

Me: ".....Punky poo?"

Phil: "Ignore it, just tell me what's bothering you babe.." I was about to answer him when Jeff came in.

Jeff: "Hey, Oreo, Sapphire's all ready, so hurry up and get changed. Your daughter is just like you. She's impatient and picky and mean as a snake."

Me: "I resent that. She's your daughter too, I didn't make her by myself. She's stubbourn and when she has her mind set on something, she has it set."

Phil: "Hellooooo...??" Shit, Phil.

Me: "Sorry Phil. I was just talking to Jeff. Look, I gotta go, I'll call you later alright?"

Phil: "Alright, and you better tell me what's wrong then. I love you."

Me: "Yeah, we'll see...Uh..Bye" I hung up. It would have been too awkward to say 'I love you' to Phil, with Jeff standing in front of me.

Jeff: "Why does he think something's wrong?" I look at Jeff and then shake my head and look down.

Me: "Nothing's wrong I-"

Jeff: "Skylar, you know you can't lie to me. Now come on, tell me.." Shit, he called me 'Skylar'.....He only calls me Skylar when he's serious, upset, or mad. He kneels down in front of me and places his hands on my knees.

Jeff: "Come on Oreo....Tell me what's wrong...." I look in Jeff's eyes and I feel something.....My heart starts beating faster, and my knees, where his hands are, start tingling. Oh my god.......I'm still in love with Jeff!