nineteen

The party was in full swing. The Eighth year common room was full of hormonal teenagers who were either dancing, drinking, snogging or passed out.

Harry was sat on one of the couches, fiery liquid swirling through the glass clenched in his hand as he glared at the figures dancing.

Draco was pressed up against Theodore Nott as they swayed together to the loud music pumping through the air. Nott dipped his mouth near the blond's ear and whispered something that made him laugh and blush.

Harry grit his teeth in anger, the glass in his hand threatening to break as he clenched his hand tightly around it.

Draco looked absolutely stunning tonight, in Harry's opinion. He was dressed in Muggle clothing, a dark blue shirt enclosed his torso and stretched over his chest and arms in such a way that made Harry's toes curl. He sported black jeans with the shirt. Let's just say Harry tried his best not to look at him from behind while he walked.

In the crowd of horny teenagers dancing in the party, he was the one who stood out. With his platinum blond hair, he glowed under the fluorescent lights that blinked from the ceiling, making him look beautiful and absolutely ethereal.

Some time later, Ginny Weasley found Harry glaring at the dance floor and nudged him out of his glare by snapping her fingers in front of his face.

He winced and raised his eyebrows at the red-haired girl standing before him. She was wearing a short black dress that showed off her shoulders and legs. She rolled her eyes and plucked the glass from his hand and finished the rest of the Firewhiskey in one gulp. Swallowing the alcohol she pulled him from the sofa.

"You need to loosen up a little," She slurred, "Dance with Luna and I, Come on!" Her red hair spilled over her bare shoulders as she pulled him further.

Harry untangled his fingers from hers, and shook his head at her, "I don't dance, Gin, you know that,"

She scoffed, "Oh shut up and come dance with me,"

As Harry was about to open his mouth to protest, a boy from Gryffindor, possibly a year or two younger than him whistled at Ginny.

"Hey, gorgeous." He winked, "I can show you a move or two as well, all you need to do is ask," He bit his lip in what seemed to him as a seductive manner, "We could got to my dorm."

Ginny ignored him, and Harry tried not to smack him across the face.

The guy's smirk deepened, "Or if you'd like, I could pay you? Do you charge by hours?"

Ginny inhaled deeply and smirked. She walked over to him, placing her hands on his chest and shoulder, "We could to my dorm," She smirked at him,

"Free of charge." She whispered and looked him up and down. Harry wanted to pull her back and scream at her that she has a bloody girlfriend, but the alcohol slowed down his reactions.

The guy licked his lips and his eyes shone with mischievousness and lust as he placed his palms over her waist to pull her close.

Harry stumbled slightly, trying to pull her in his direction, but she shook him off glaring at the the Gryffindor.

Ginny bit her lip and looked at the guy coyly. He was so driven by lust and the alcohol in him that he didn't see her right leg swinging back until her knee collided harshly with his crotch.

He cried out in pain and stumbled back on to the floor, his eyes shut in pain as he clutched at his crotch, "This is why I don't date men anymore," She sneered.

"Deserved it, that bitch," Ginny scoffed and ran her hands over the black dress to straighten it. Harry blinked a few times to get over the shock, he chuckled slightly and gasped, "Good aim!"

She winked at him and pulled him between the mess of the dancing bodies close to Luna as they danced together.

Harry felt like a third wheel, but he swayed to the music awkwardly as he closed his eyes. The people around him seemed to vanish as he lost himself into his own thoughts.

A few minutes of dancing with the two girls, Harry felt a firm body pushing past him and running out of the door of the common room.

The Gryffindor's eyes snapped open as he peered at the person. His eyes widened in realisation as he saw who the person was.

Harry weaved his way through the students and followed the person out of the party.

»»——⍟——««