thirty

The days which one seemed beautiful now seemed melancholic. The blue sky seemed to have turned grey, the chirping birds became quiet and the bubbling happiness faded away.

Draco had tried healing himself. He tried to pick himself up after his mother's death but he failed.

Maybe he had to live like this forever- Unhappy and unloved.

After his little drunk episode with Potter, he hasn't cried. Not even a single tear had been shed from his grey eyes.

He had apologised to Potter for basically jumping on him and crying all over his shirt but Potter waved it off with a gentle and friendly smile.

He had seemed a little upset as well. Draco wondered why.

Pansy did apologize, even if it was a half-assed apology that showed no sense of regret. It had been a week since her fight with Draco and she had finally plucked up the courage to talk to him.

Blaise had watched with a crease on his forehead as Draco had pursed his lips and turned away, ignoring Pansy completely. His eyes showing no emotion, like a true Malfoy.

Pansy at first had been stunned but then sniffled and ran away with tears in her eyes.

Blaise stood at a crossroad yet again, he had to choose between comforting the girl he loved and his best friend.

He chose the latter. No matter how many girls come and go, he wouldn't leave Draco's side. They were best friends, nothing would break them apart, not even Pansy.

He patted his arm, claiming that this would pass over soon. Draco passed him a grateful smile, "Thanks mate, I know it must be difficult for you."

Blaise shook his head, "It's fine, I'll be fine."

"Look, Blaise, I appreciate your help but if you really care about her-"

"Shut up, Draco! You are more important. She insulted you, your sexuality. That's not a good thing, no matter how much I care about her."

Draco felt the hope build in his chest again. Blaise was the person who would stand by him no matter what. With that he wrapped his arms around him in a friendly hug.

Theo who sat a bit far away in the common room, "Hey! You forgot me!" He joked and joined them in the hug.

Blaise laughed and the three boys stood for a while hugging each other.

Draco finally smiled in days, a small optimistic smile.

»»--⍟--««