thirty four

The sound of two loud knocks interrupted his thinking. His pencil stopped mid air, from the sketch he was drawing. A lovely scent of chocolates filled his senses and he got up to open the door of his room, he was met by a smiling boy with messy hair, glowing green eyes and a box full of chocolate in his hand.

"Hey." Harry said, "Did I disturb you?"

Draco smiled back, "No, not at all. Come in." He moved aside.

Harry, the ever awkward boy, tripped and almost fell but caught himself and moved on with a tint of red on his skin.

The room was small and cozy, there were two beds on either side of the room. The covers were Slytherin green in color, just as he had expected. The curtains were wide open, letting in a large amount of sunlight and a view to the Forbidden Forest and Hagrid's hut.

Draco moved to his rumpled up bed and sat down, patting on the bed next to him. Harry followed him, his knee touching Draco's.

"So, what brings you here?"

"I have a surprise for you." Harry said with a hint of nervousness. Draco raised his brows in surprise, "What surprise?"

"Firstly," Harry gave him the blue box, "Take this." Draco opened the box and almost melted when he finally inhaled the warm, chocolatey smell of his favorite chocolate.

"Thank you," He said, eating a piece, "Here, you try some as well."

"No, thank you. Dark chocolate really isn't my taste," Harry winced.

"Why not? Dark chocolate is delicious."

"It's bitter." Harry screwed up his face in disgust.

"It's bittersweet and it's pure chocolate. Not sugary and fake like the ones that you eat." Harry just rolled his eyes fondly as Draco popped in another piece of the chocolate.

"So, what's the occasion?" Draco asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You got me chocolate in the middle of the day and I'm pretty sure you have something else planned." Draco said, "There must be something."

"Yeah, there is." Harry replied, "And it's a surprise. So you'll see."

Draco hummed, "Fine."

"Come on, let's go."

"Go where?"

"You'll see."

"Are you going to murder me?"

"Yes." Harry held out his hand, "Come on." Draco huffed and took his hand, setting down the chocolate away.

Harry led him out of the castle, Draco bugged him with questions to where they were going but Harry kept his mouth shut and ignored the whining blond.

They reached the Quidditch pitch, the afternoon sun made the morning dew glisten on the field. Harry picked out their brooms from the shed along with a snitch. Harry looked extremely excited.

He threw his broom and he caught it, "We're gonna play?" Draco said dumbly.

"Yes." Harry grinned.

Draco quipped his lips into an apologetic smile, "But I'm not doing really well. I don't think I can play."

"Oh." He looked like a kicked puppy. He frowned, "I-I thought you would have-" He scratched his neck.

Draco snorted and doubled over in laughter, "Your face-" He muffled his laugh behind his hand and looked at Harry. "Of course I'd love to play. When have I ever said no to Quidditch."

Harry huffed, annoyed, "Prat." He said and released the snitch.

Two games later, they were both extremely red in the face, chest heaving with heavy breaths and their faces were plastered with wide grins.

Harry felt the nervousness creep over him again. His hands felt clammy as he led Draco to the Black Lake for lunch that he had prepared himself.

He could just smile as Draco thanked him and gushed over the food he had made; he flushed with pride and happiness as the lovely blond showered compliments on his cooking skills.

◆ 

"Draco?"

"Yes?" Draco looked up with a smile. Harry immediately smiled back.

"What are you doing?" Draco closed the notebook and kept it aside, "Nothing." He said slowly.

Harry reached forth and snatched the notebook, Draco tried to stop him but failed miserably. Harry opened the notebook to find the most delicate and gorgeous sketch of himself. He gasped and looked at Draco who was avoiding his eyes, cheeks colored pink.

Harry blushed too.

◆ 

Draco's nimble fingers held the Hawthorn wand, his lips tugging into a smile. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me, it's your wand. It saved my life." Harry waved him off.

Draco felt his throat clog up and tackled Harry in a hug, his face pressing into Harry's shoulder. Harry hugged him back, his palm cupping the back of his head.

Draco pulled back and kissed his cheek.

Harry almost fainted of happiness.

◆ 

Nights were the worst part of Harry's days. He despised them for two reasons, first- the nightmares; second- being away from Draco.

He loved it when he found Draco in the common room alone. They would sit and talk, the silence of the night filled by their small arguments.

They fell asleep while talking, the nightmares driven away instantly by the presence of the other.

That's when Harry decided that he would tell Draco about his feelings. He would treat him to a lovely date and a wonderful picnic. He would make Draco smile brighter than anyone could ever have.

And then, Draco would be his.

◆ 

"Potter."

"My name is Harry."

"Yeah, okay." Draco rolled his eyes, "You need to tell me why you brought me here."

Harry hummed, "Alright." He took a deep breath. "Come on. Stand up."

"Okay...." Draco heaved himself up on his feet. Harry grasped his hand and looked him in the eye.

"Draco Malfoy." He said, "You are one of the most wonderful, amazing and lovely person I've had the chance to meet. You drive me insane with your smile, your laugh, your eyes, your everything!" Harry chuckled and looked down at his feet, embarrassment washing over him.

"What I wanted to say is that," He swallowed heavily. The soft rippling of the Lake and the gentle chirrup of birds in the distance filled the air.

"I love you, Draco Malfoy." He met his eyes, a rush of emotion made tears spring into his eyes, "I love you."

»»--⍟--««