thirty two

Harry fixed his tie in the mirror as he hummed songs under his breath. It was the time after the Christmas break and he had to get to his first class of the day.

He smiled at himself in the mirror.

The Burrow always feels amazing during Christmas. The coziness and sense of familiarity never failed to make Harry feel like he was part of a family.

The only person who he missed was Draco, and Harry longed to see his smile and hear his lovely voice.

He still hasn't seen him and he almost ran to the Great Hall to catch him before they skidded off to their classes. But he decided to make sure he looked presentable enough before leaving his room.

Draco had spent the entire Christmas with his best mates, Blaise and Theo along with Millie. They had a quiet Christmas, just happy that the madness of Voldemort was over and that everything was peaceful.

Harry bumped into Draco and Blaise just outside the common room and passed them a bright smile, specifically to Draco, "Good morning." He nodded at the two Slytherins.

"Morning, Potter," Draco's lips quirked sideways. Blaise nodded as well and they fell into deep conversation again. Harry tried not to let his gaze linger and moved forward to join a cheery Neville.

"Hey Nev, good holiday?"

"Absolutely brilliant! I visited Mum and Dad. And after that Gran and I visited some villages in Austria where. It was amazing." He said excitedly, eyes shining.

"That's great, Nev. I'm glad your parents are doing better."

"Yeah, me too." His lips set into a bittersweet smile, "My Mum remembered my name." He whispered under his breath.

"Oh Nev." Harry slung an arm around his shoulders and squeezed, "That's amazing! I'm so happy for you!"

Neville's smile brightened, "Thank you, Harry. Me too." Harry smiled too, everything felt brighter and better than usual.

Madam Puddifoot's was always Harry's most hated place. Ever since his disaster date with Cho here, he had never dared to set foot into the little cafe.

But when a curious and adorable Draco asked him to go there with him to hang out, he couldn't say no.

They met there around lunch time. Draco was wearing black jeans, a black t-shirt and a blue cardigan on top. Harry couldn't stop smiling when he saw the blond in muggle clothing, teasing him mercilessly to which Draco just shoved him away.

Harry clasped his hands on the table as they waited for their lunch to be served.

"How were your holidays?" Harry asked.

"They went well," Draco nodded happily, "Theo, Blaise, Millie and I spent the entire holiday together. It was fun."

"That's great!" He grinned. A waitress came up and served their food.

"Did you get my Christmas present?" Harry asked after she had left.

"Yes, of course I did and I loved it." Draco gushed, "Thank you!" Harry felt a tug at his heart, "No problem."

After careful contemplation and consultation from Hermione, he finally settled on buying Draco a black expensive scarf from a shop in Diagon Alley and Owled it to Draco.

"And I'm sorry, that I couldn't send you a gift. It just slipped my mind. I forgot to buy presents for everyone this year." Draco said with an apologetic frown.

He lied, guilt settling in his chest.

He did go to but presents, he didn't forget. He always bought presents with his mother, this year, he couldn't even step foot into the gist shop without being reduced to a crying mess.