twenty one

Harry followed Draco. Fleeting memories of his sixth year invaded his mind as he searched for the blond who had turned off into a dark corridor.

The Gryffindor wished he had the Marauders Map with him right now.

He tried walking around and looking for him but to his disappointment, he couldn't find him. The first place that came to his mind was the Room of Requirements, Draco had spent most of his sixth year there and had a sense of familiarity with that place so Harry guessed that he should be there.

Walking through the dark corridors, with just his wand lighting up his path and his vision slightly blurred because of the Firewhiskey he had taken earlier.

"Harry?" He heard a voice and halted in his steps.

"Ron?"

"Yeah, it's me." Ron lighted his wand from somewhere further down the lane. Harry lifted his wand to illuminate his hunched figure a short way down the corridor.

He hair was tousled and his eyes had dark bags. A half-empty bottle of Firewhiskey was cradled between his nimble fingers.

Harry hesitated between running off to find Draco and sitting down with his best mate. He chose the latter and sat cross-legged beside the intoxicated Weasley.

"Why are you here all alone?" He asked.

"Hermione's asleep and the party was loud, so I came out here." Ron slurred slightly.

Harry opened his mouth to tell him to go back to the dorm but Ron cut him off.

"You know, Harry, I've always been jealous of you. I hated it when people admired you and not me. It was like I was invisible! I've always wanted to be famous!" He slurred. Harry could only look at him with pursed lips.

"I didn't like it either when you and 'Mione spend time alone. I always thought she'd choose you," Ron ran a hand through his hair and took a swig of the alcohol.

"Ron--"

"Shh!" Ron placed his finger on his lips, "Let me speak!" Harry nodded.

"I still think I don't deserve her! She's amazing, you know? Always takes care of me." He wiped a tear of his face, "I'm sorry, Harry. I never knew what it was like to loose a family member until I lost Fred. I never realised how hard it was all for you--" He sniffled loudly.

Harry had tears in his eyes.

He looked at Harry, streaks of tear tracks on his face, "I have been a prat to you in the past. Fourth year and while we were on the Horcrux hunt. I'm sorry and I promise that I'll never turn my back on you ever again!"

Harry clapped his back in a brotherly sort of way, "You are an asshole, you know that right! Making me cry in the middle of the corridor." Harry laughed shortly, so did Ron.

"Of course I forgive you!" Harry said finally, "I never cared about that stuff anyway, I know you'll always be my side." Harry gave him a watery smile.

Ron grinned at him, "Obviously." He imitated the former Potions Master and they both laughed, reliving old memories and tales, exchanging the bottle of Firewhiskey and drinking their sorrows away.

Draco exited the common room, not caring about who he pushed past. The party music faded in the background as he ran and ran away from everything.

He stumbled and tripped down the corridors and towards the place where he wanted to be.

Panting, he walked back and forth thrice as the room of requirement appeared in front of his eyes.

Thr room opened to a small room with white walls. It had a small bed and nothing else.

Draco chuckles bitterly.

The room was like his heart. Empty.

He closed the door behind him and pit up a few locking charms for good measure.

Once he was alone, he collapsed onto the bed in a ball. His eyes stinging with tears he didn't allow to fall.

I won't cry. Mum wouldn't want me to cry. I won't. I won't. I won't!

Every single feeling of hope had shriveled up and died, leaving nothing but regret and desolation.

He just closed his eyes, trying to sleep so the heart-wrenching feeling would just go and leave him alone.

He had nobody.

And he absolutely loathed that feeling. He hated feeling better alone. Feeling helpless and completely hopeless.

Maybe that's how it's supposed to be? Maybe I'm supposed to be alone forever.

He did have Pansy and Blaise, but they had each other. Everyone has someone but he didn't have anyone.

Maybe I can't be loved? Maybe I don't deserve love? Maybe no one can ever love me?

With these thoughts, Draco fell asleep with a frown etched onto his features.

»»——⍟——««