CH-05 TIT FOR TAT MAILS📧

Dear Ms. Goenka,
I hope you are doing well.
This is to let you know that I can no longer meet you at 5:00 p.m. every day as my shift ends at 1:00 p.m. I changed my shift to attend a college for an advanced technician course while I am here on rotation.

Unfortunately, our schedules no longer match, and I am hoping we can have our check-ins over email.

 Best regards,
Abhimanyu Birla

Abhimanyu had a mischievous smile as he typed the email as soon as he got the confirmation that he could start working the early morning shift. It took him over a week to sort out the change in his shift and to find a place to live that was closer to the factory, so he didn’t have to wake up at three in the morning to be in the factory by five every day.

He had just wrapped up a call with his team in Singapore who trained him over the weekend on the operations of the machinery he was using at the factory when he remembered to send out the email to Akshara. The meetings with her during week two were getting under his skin. She was asking him questions that challenged his motive to be there on the rotation. It’s as if she knew he wasn’t a real factory worker.

Abhimanyu looked away from his computer when he saw Neil was calling. “Hey, how is the house working out for you?”

“It’s ten minutes from the factory. That’s the only thing I care about.”

Neil chuckled. “You got lucky, my friend.”

“Happy to use my luck for the important things in life.” He chuckled.

“Now that you don’t have Ms. Akshara to worry about, what are you going to do during your shift?”

“I’ll figure it out, and based on how my schedule is, I might be able to take meetings during that time.”

“Abhimanyu, your father and I can handle them. Don’t push yourself.” Neil sounded concerned.

“This is important, Neil, but I have a bigger corporation to run.”

Neil knew not to prolong. “Got it.”

“I want to hire someone to lead the international division as soon as possible.” Abhimanyu was not ready to move back to India from Singapore, but being in India for the past couple of months, he could see how much his parents and sister enjoyed having him around.

“Moving back for real?”

“Yes. It’s time Dad retired.”

Neil let out a growl. “Do I need to work for you now?”

Abhimanyu chuckled. “You already do. It’ll be seamless for you.”

 Neil laughed. “I doubt it. Your father is so much more reasonable. Now I have to deal with both siblings.”

“She is the real boss, Neil.”Abhimanyu laughed.

A ding on his computer indicating a new email from Akshara distracted him form what Neil was saying.

Hi Abhimanyu,

 Thank you for the heads up. It is wonderful that you were able to work out a schedule to attend college when you are here.

Please note that the change in your schedule is approved as long as we keep our daily meeting cadence, so we track your progress for the next two weeks. I promise not to take more than fifteen to twenty minutes.

Let me know a good time, and I will set up the meeting.

Warmly,

Akshara