CH-13 BRING IT ON...!!

Akshara was nervous as she waited for the cab to arrive to take her to the airport. She had been on edge since that morning knowing that she would meet him at the airport.

They  were on their way to one of the smaller factories to identify the first group of students for the youth program pilot.

She had not seen or talked to him the entire week as she was busy at the hospital with her father’s surgery and recovery at home. She was lost in thought as she rode to the airport wondering what she would say when she saw him and how he would be with her.

She was a nervous wreck as she stepped out of the cab and headed for the check-in counter.

She was early and was not expecting to see him anytime soon, but there was no denying she was antsy about seeing him. She could not wait to be around him again. Maybe even be kissed again.

She gritted her teeth and shook her head in warning to herself as she walked through security. The flight was not going to leave for another hour and a half, so she went into one of the stores that sold art work.

Akshara was no artist, but she appreciated the intricate woodwork and was soon lost in admiring the sculpture of a woman holding a small lamp in her hands.

She was fascinated by the level of detail that was carved on the woman’s face enhancing the beautiful smile. Her lips curved up in admiration as she slowly reached out to run the tip of her finger over the sculpture.

“Beautiful smile.” A male voice made her look up, and her smile widened when she saw Abhimanyu walk toward her, a smile on his face.

She nodded as she was robbed of her breath with the sheer attraction she felt for him.

He was dressed in casual clothes, and his hair was clearly styled by the wind that was blowing outside.

“Did you come early to shop?” He held her gaze.

“Not really.” She was glad there was no awkwardness from their kiss over a week ago.

“You are just excited to start the youth program.” He winked, making her breath hitch.

“Yes, very much.” She managed to smile as she walked toward the entrance of the store, him following her out.

“How did your father’s surgery go?” he asked as they walked toward their gate. She nodded, her eyes meeting his.

“It was a success. In a week or so, he will not need any of the pain medications and can be active and not sedated because of pain.”

“Good. I’m glad.”

“How was your week?”

He shrugged. “It was okay. Spent all of last week looking forward to this week.”

She almost said ‘me, too’ but chose to smile and nod instead. There was no denying she was looking forward to the week for more than one reason, and her heart leaped with joy at the very thought of spending all day with him, even if it was going to be long days of work as they interview students for the program.

 Almost two hours later, she followed Abhimanyu through the  fabulous lobby of one of the recently upgraded hotels in the town where they were staying for a few days.

“This is nice,” she said as she walked up to the check- in counter, smiling at the woman behind the desk.

“Welcome to the Leela Palace, ma’am,” the woman at the front desk said.

“Thank you. Reservation is under The Saxena Group for Akshara Goenka.”

The woman nodded, taking her ID and typed on the computer, and Akshara could see Abhimanyu in her peripheral vision.