CH-08 YOU'RE A GENIUS

Abhimanyu stepped onto the open terrace of the tall building and let out a low whistle. “The view is amazing from here.”

“I love it here. It’s nice and cool.”

“This is a good start for the evening. Location. Check.” He looked around the empty space that had large, bright signs on all four sides throwing out just enough light.

“You are so easy to impress,” she said, smiling.

“For you because you are that good.” He winked.

She let out a laugh. “That’s enough compliments for the night. Our food and drinks should be ready in ten minutes.”

He nodded. “So why an HR representative by day and a club owner by night?”

She rolled her eyes. “I don’t own the club. It’s my brother’s. He started this a few years ago, and I help out over the weekends when he has big events.”

“You seem pretty invested in your brother’s business.”

“I don’t mind the outing.” She shrugged.

“You are one caring sister, I can tell.” Abhimanyu smiled.

“My brother and I are very close, and I will do anything for him, no matter what idiots like Rohan think of me.” She let out a huff.

“The guy had a problem with your brother?” Abhimanyu was curious.

“Well, he was okay. Nice, respectful. I met him a few times with my cousins, and one day he decided it was time for our parents to meet. That day was a disaster, starting with… oh my God, how can I forget. Your first day, the system tells me I should have you fired, then I’m told the system is faulty, and in all this mess, I got delayed.”

“I’m sorry,” he said, a cheesy smile on his face.

“Not your fault. So, I ended up changing at work, and I go to meet Rohan and his parents at my parents’ house. And after all that, just when I was considering him as a potential someone, he tells me that I should stop spending money on my dad’s medical procedures, and that I should make my brother pay me back the money he took as a loan on a property that was in my name to get the damage fixed in the club.” She let out a sigh.

Abhimanyu scrunched his nose. “Why should you not take  care of your dad’s medical expenses?”

“Good question, but I agreed to what he said, and I shouldn’t have,” she growled.

“Since you agreed, he piled on more?”

“Yes, that’s when he tells me how orthodox his family is and that my brother is a bar owner who I need to sever my relationship with after marriage.”

Abhimanyu shook his head. “Who says things like that?”

“Thank you,” she said, throwing her arms up in the air and added, “I was so pissed I asked him to get out of the house, and he has been coming back to the club saying I didn’t need to do any of those things that he said, but I just don’t trust him now.”

Abhimanyu nodded. “He has no idea what he has missed out on.”

She blushed. “I thought I wasn’t getting any more compliments.”

“Not compliments but a fact. That man should have seen how good of a sister and a woman you were to stand by your brother to help him out.”

“I wish Rohan were hearing all this.” She giggled.

Abhimanyu took a step away and said, “I doubt if he made it  far, should I go bring him back?”

Akshara laughed, holding Abhimanyu’s arm. “Stop, you are  going make me laugh so hard, my tummy will hurt.”