CH-15 GROWING FEELINGS 💗

Akshara stared at her screen the following afternoon, unable to gather her thoughts as she worked on the proposal for the new program which was morphing itself into something bigger.

She could not get Abhimanyu out of her mind, and she wondered how she was going to get through the weekend before she could see him on Monday.

She thought of the way he kissed her under the tree, his lips setting her entirety on fire while satiating her need to feel his warmth, but longing more. She remembered how he held her hand as they rode in the car, at the airport, and on the plane.

 It was hard to walk away from him after he planted a kiss on her forehead at the airport before she headed to her parents’ house. She spent all night tossing, unable to stop thinking about him and impatient to see him again.

Akshara spent most of the afternoon working on the draft, but she reached a point where her mind wasn’t functioning.

She was blankly staring at her screen lost in thought when she heard the doorbell chime. She knew it was time for her to stop working on the draft and take a break.

Should she call Abhimanyu?

Her smile widened when she opened the door, and her eyes met those of the man who made her heart beat for him.

The man she could not stop thinking about.

“What a surprise?” she managed to say as her heart leaped with joy.

He handed her the flowers he held in hands and gently brushed his lips over hers.

“Beautiful,” he murmured against her lips, making her shudder.

She smiled against his lips, happy to be his arms. “I didn’t know I was going to see you.”

He held her in his arms. “I would be lying if I said I came here to help you with the document you are working on.”

“I’m sure it is to help me document the plan,” she teased, enjoying the look in his eyes.

He walked over to the table where her computer was set up and let out a laugh. “Oh no, I didn’t realize we were working today. I was hoping to hang out with you.”

“We can go out for dinner. I still owe you one.”

“You don’t. We don’t need to go out, I’ll make you dinner.”

“You can teach me how to cook.” She giggled.

“I’d rather cook for you.” His comment made her blush.

“How come you learned to cook, and your sister didn’t?” she asked, surprising him.

“How do you know that about my sister?”

“You told me when we went out for dinner.”

He looked at her for a long moment. “I can’t believe you remembered that.”

“Anyone belonging to the series Kitchen Disasters are my besties.” She laughed.

He shook his head, smiling. “It’s a good thing her husband knows how to cook.”

“That’s sweet.”

“Yes, but that doesn’t stop her from experimenting.” He sat at the table across from her.

She smiled. “I can tell you and your sister are very close.”

“Yeah, just like you and Kairav.”

She nodded. “What about your parents? Do they live close to your sister?”

He nodded, the string of lies he was going to tell her stinging him.