EPILOGUE

Five years later…

 “You told her about her surprise birthday party? You are horrible.” Aarohi glared at her brother as they sat by the pool watching their kids swim and play.

“Kairav and I have been planning this for weeks, and this guy spilled the beans.

Akshara laughed as Abhimanyu nodded, looking guilty. “I’m  sorry, I promised her I would never keep anything from her. Period.”

“You are a terrible secret-keeper, Abhimanyu. It would have  been such a good surprise for Akshara. You did this with her baby showers, too.” Aarohi chastised her brother.

He stood up from the beach chair and shrugged. “Just don’t tell me next time you plan to host a baby shower or a party for my wife.”

“Next time? You guys are going to have more babies?” Aarohi laughed, almost nervously considering they had almost four-year-old twin boys and their almost two-year-old baby girl.

Abhimanyu stretched and smiled as he looked at Akshara. “Sure. If she wants another baby and you decide to throw a party, don’t tell me.”

Akshara laughed, looking at Aarohi’s expression as she looked at her brother like he had lost it. “I shouldn’t have told him about the party, but Kairav and I needed him to bring you to the club and look what he’s done.”

Akshara let out a laugh. “It’s okay, Aarohi. The thought is what counts. I am blessed to have a brother like Kairav and now a sister like you.”

“Well, the saving grace is that I didn’t tell him when the party is, and we have to change the venue now, so there is some element of surprise.” She laughed.

“You are so sweet.”

Aarohi rolled her eyes. “For putting up with him, you  deserve a noble patience prize.”

“You will need to add Neil to the nominations list, then.” Akshara let out a laugh.

“Yes, add my husband to the list.” Aarohi rolled her eyes.

Akshara smiled, her eyes wandering to look at the man who was her dream come true. Everything that was hard for everyone else with Abhimanyu’s ways were natural for her.

Like it didn’t bother her that he was a stickler with rules, even at home, with a huge emphasis on discipline and being respectful to elders for their twin boys and for their toddler daughter.

She  didn’t mind the rules, especially around bedtime when her babies were down for the day. She enjoyed her evenings snuggling up against the man she loved even as he typed away on his laptop like he wants to break the keyboard.

“He is a sweet man, Aarohi.” Akshara blushed, looking at her husband.

Aarohi laughed. “I need to be the one to break up the pool party. By the way, I got Abhimanyu to agree to take the kids to Mom’s place with me for a sleepover. Mom and Dad are so excited to have all their grandbabies at their place.”

“All of them?” Akshara laughed.

“Yes. I have a date night planned with Neil after I have dropped the kids off at Mom’s.” Aarohi winked.

Akshara laughed, following Aarohi to get their children out of the pool and send them over to their grandparents for a  sleepover.

She walked up to where Abhimanyu stood directing the kids  to go wash off the pool water with uncle Neil. She ran her palm along the side of his bare chest and said,