#30 Parents

You could be a doctor with lists of medicines rolling off your tongue; yet the herbal medicine your Mom brings for you would bring you shifa.

You could be an ace at your workplace; yet you would find yourself turning to your father for advice and request to make dua for your new venture.

You could have the appreciation of the entire world; yet it would fall short in front of their appreciation when you make them their favourite cup of tea, or spend time with them for a little while.

No human, not even your own self, could know your shortcomings and still go out of the way to create ease for you in your difficulties.

The ones whose heart is agitated at the sight of your pain and whose lips utter nothing but prayers for your wellbeing and happiness; no matter what path you chose—will be none other than your parents.

So appreciate them, honour them, love them, serve them and make dua for them whenever you can❤️

"And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour." (Quran 17:23)