Chapter 3

"Mateo!" Mirabel screamed, bursting into my room, scaring the living daylights out of me.

"Ah! What?" I say, dropping back down to the floor. "I was actually getting somewhere Mira so there better be a reason you decide to barge in like this."

"Yes, so I talked to Luisa," she starts but I cut her off.

"You mean you interrogated her."

"Sure. Anywho, and I first found out how she is carrying way to much for the family," I cut her off again.

"I'm surprised you just figured this out. Although she does manage to hide it very well," I remark. Mira huffs at me cutting her off again.

"Stop cutting me off, Mateo. Now, other then that she told me that she heard the grownups talking one night and said it had something to do with Tio Bruno's last vision," she finally finishes.

I look to her, spectacle. Everyone was so sensitive of the mention of my Papa, especially around me.

"What are you suggesting?" I ask slowly.

"I'm saying I think we need to go into Tio Bruno's tower and find his last vision to figure out what's wrong with the magic," she says. I back away from her.

"No. I am not breaking into my Papa's tower to find the reason he left us, left me, all those years ago," I say with finality.

"But Mateo, you might understand it better then anyone because you're his son. Plus, I need you," she says with puppy dog eyes.

It takes a lot for me to hold my ground and I end up giving in, "Fine! But as long as we're doing this together." She nods.

So here we are, sneaking in through Papa's door into his tower that has been banned ever since he disappeared and left me alone.

In front of us is a huge hourglass looking arch with sand continuously falling down. Mira puts her hand under the sand and asks Casita to turn it off.

Casita responds that it can't help here.

"That's just amazing. Exploring my long lost Papa's forbidden tower with no help from our house. Just great," I say sarcastically.

Mirabel gives me a dirty look and turns back to the sand. She grabs my hand and starts toward the sand.

"Find the vision, save the..." she tries to say as we walk through it, falling onto even more piles of sand.

As we got up and dusted ourselves off, we took in the huge surroundings of Papa's room

There was a giant hand with 'your future awaits' on it, pointing up at a whole bunch of stairs. This will be fun. Oh Mirabel, what did you drag me into.

*Time Skip*

After who knows how long at climbing stairs, complaints from both of us about said stairs and Mirabel trying to bribe me into floating us both up there even after my constant remarks on how I'm not at that level of magic yet, we reach the top.

Mira collapses on the floor, exhausted.  I look down to her with a bored expression, already ready to finish this all. She looks back up at me confused.

"How are you not exhausted?" She asks, out of breath. I sigh lending her a hand to help her get up.

"You clearly haven't been on a run with Luisa before," is all I say, pulling her up.

As she dusts herself off, we both look at the giant, gaping hole in front of us. Seriously? Mira rips a pole out and swings it on top of a rock, securing it for us to swing across.

"Alright, Mateo, can you push me over?" she looks to me. I nod.

She secures her grip on the rope, making sure she won't fall into the abyss below, and gives me a nod.

I use my powers to push her across, the green mist pushing her as my eyes glow green. She lands and lets go of the rope, looking back to me hopeful.

I summon the rope to my hands and take a big step back, running at the rope and swinging over, landing on the platform with her.

We cheer and the ledge we landed on breaks off, falling down and nearly killing us both. We look to each other with panic.

Then turn to the hallway of where it'll all lie.

Mira pushes me in front of her, telling me I'm the man here, as we enter the real cave of Papa.

Mirabel gets scared of some rats, watching them climb in one of the statues. Then just to our luck, we see a door open, seeing an eerie green glow coming from it.

She walks in first and I follow in after. The giant cave has tons of sand everywhere and in the center, a sand pit where the glow was coming from. However, the door just so happens to shut behind us, leaving us trapped.

I go in and immediately start digging it out and gathering the pieces of the vision. Mira comes and helps me but I've already pulled most of them out with my gift. She gathers the last few and puts some in her bag, taking some in her hands.

I watch intentaly as she pieces three of them together, seeing if there was anything, but my gaze was pulled away by the sand falling down and the rocks cracking.

"Mira, we have to go!" I say hastily, pulling the pieces from her hands and shoving it in her bag, taking her hands and going to the door that has sorta cracked open.

She starts to push against it, putting all her weight on it but I pull her back.

"Stay behind me," I say as I gather all the magic I have, the mist gathering into a ball and my eyes glowing a neon green, brighter then they ever have.

The sand is still filling up and Mirabel tugs on my poncho in a panic.

"Hurry!" She says.

I take a deep breath and thrust the magic at the door, successfully throwing it open, causing us to tumble down with the bunch of sand, getting out of there alive and with Papa's last vision.