Chapter 5

(Mostly Fluff with Camilo)
Mateo's POV

After I bid goodbye to Mirabel, I went to seek out Julieta in need of some comfort food.

I found her in the kitchen, finishing up the last of the food for tonight. I knock on the wall beside me, getting her attention.

"Hey Tia Juileta," I greet softly, pulling at my binder slightly.

"Oh, hey Mateo. Is everything alright?" She asks, catching my actions.

"Yeah, yeah. I was just wondering if you had an arepa's left I could have?" I ask, adjusting my binder again.

"No but I can easily make them. How about while I do so, you go take off your binder because I think your times up and take one of Camilo's shirts and poncho's to help," she suggests, getting out the ingredients already.

"Alright. Thanks Tia!" I hop off, heading over to Camilo's room to steal his clothes when I run into Abuela.

"Oh, Maria," She says. I huff.

"Mateo," I mutter.

"I need this night to be perfect so I don't want you anywhere near the Guzmans for tonight, alright Maria," she tells me.

"Nothing would make me happier," I sass, pushing past her and going to Camilo's door, hoping he was there so I could scare him.

I go up and have my hands misting, ready to throw the door open. I bring my arms back and fling them forwards, throwing the door open.

"Camilo!" I yell. A scream echo's through his room. Success.

"AH! What, Mateo?" He asks, out of breath. I'm on the floor, laughing my ass off. "Oh ha ha. Now what do you need, I have a proposal dinner to get through," he gently kicks my leg.

"Yeah, I just needed a really over sized shirt and poncho," I say, using his hand to get up. I try to catch my breath but fail to do so.

I start to feel pain in my ribs and get dizzy, putting my arms around my chest.

"Oh shit. Come on, come on. Get in here," I vaguely hear Camilo say as he warps his arms around me and supporting my weight.

He sits me down and takes off my poncho and shirt, leaving me with just my binder. (And no this isn't meant to be creepy, he's just trying to help)

He quickly pulls out one of his things that are reserved for these moments and gives them to me.

"Is it better is I turn into Dolores or Mirabel, turn around or leave the room?" He asks, being sincere.

"Just turn around, I'll tell you when I finish," I say. He does so and I take off my binder and quickly throw on the shirt, making it look like I have a flat chest.

"You can turn around," I tell him, finally able to catch my breath. He turns around and sits down beside me, letting me lean on him.

"Thanks," I whisper, exhausted from our trip to Papa's tower and the whole binder situation.

"No problem. Anything for my might as well be brother. And you are my brother, no matter what Abuela says," He reassures me, leaning his head on mine.

"Hey, could you go get the arepa Tia Julieta made for me?" I ask. He nods, pushing me up and getting up.

"You can go to sleep, you know. I already know Abuela doesn't want you there so might as well," He says, leaving.

I lean back on his bed, waiting for him to get back. When he does he simply throws the arepa at me, while quickly saying 'gotta go, bye primo'.

Long story short, I did end up falling asleep in Camilo's room after eating the arepa and woke up floating in mid air, in my own room while everything around me was flying as well.

I panicked and dropped everything, including myself and hit my head on my bedpost.

"Ow!" I say, rubbing my head when a knock comes at the door.

"Come in," I call, still rubbing my head while throwing my binder on. Mirabel opens the door in a hurry.

"Mateo! I think I've found something huge," she says excitedly.

"What now?" I exasperated.

"Come on, come on. You have to see this," she pulls me up, pulling me to a painting where we saw rats taking the pieces of the vision through a painting that seemed to be an opening for them.

"Ah, what happened at dinner?" I ask her, turning to her with concern as she watches the rats.

"Let's just say everybody knows what's in that vision and Isabella hates me more then normal. But come on, we can't loose them," she pulls my hand again, taking me toward the painting door.

"Mirabel, if you get me killed I swear to god I will haunt you from my grave!" Were my last words as she pulls me through the painting, into the unknown ahead of us.