«hey»

i wriggle myself out of karl's embrace, and slouch on the couch.

"bro, season three of bojack was... wow," he mutters.

"yeah..." i wipe a tear from my eye, and look over at addison and she just looks at me, a frown growing wider and wider on her face.

"i can't even process that," she stands up and heads over to the fridge.

"grab me a monster, and maybe some lexapro too," 

"coming right up,"

"deja come here," karl grabs me and hugs me again, tears falling from his cheeks. we got sick together, and were using the time we have left of our ailment we have to binge watch as many netflix originals as possible.

addison brings me my monster. i take a sip, would be better if i could hold it down.

"thanks addy," i use the nickname she hates against her, sticking my tongue out and blowing a raspberry.

"shut it sickie," her voice mocking. i roll my eyes and tell her to sit down incredibly politely.

"grab the remote... i can't move," karl holds me tighter and only sobs louder. i roll my eyes, "let go ya big baby."

"i can't- i can't believe," he sobs more.

"season four is starting and i can't hear it over all your wailing," i pry myself free again and bring addison into a group hug.

"i don't know if i can deal with all this emotional trauma you're putting on me deja, men need to cry too," he wipes his tears and watches the show, as i hold his neck tighter.

"shut up karl,"

"love you deja,"

"love you more, karl,"

<3