bonus <3

hey guys!!! i got this idea from XxlovvelyxX !! so thank them if you're craving more deja and karl. which idk who would this book is total ass.

the leaves sail from the trees, winding and twisting in the wind. it's an unusually warm december for this part of illinois. glancing down at the thermometer in her car, deja reads the blue numbers. 39°F. sweater weather. analyzing the current outfits of the two in the car, she decides that it's fine.

"deja are you sure i'll be okay?" karl's voice from the driver's side snaps deja out of her current thoughts. he's wearing a large puffer jacket, a flannel, and a nice sweater underneath, knitted by his girlfriend.

"yes karl, you'll be fine."

"are you positive," he looks over to me quickly with puppy dog eyes, and she rolls her eyes.

"no you're actually going to freeze to death."

"really??"

"no, sweetie."

deja's outfit was a turtleneck, and a cute knitted sweater vest. this one not made by deja, but addison. the scarf, gifted to her by karl, was a red highlight to her white outfit. they had their knitting night all the way back in november, and they all had the ideas to knit eachother.

the car hums slowly as they approach the neighborhood. a normal suburban place, houses lining a perfect HOA managed block. large green yards with speckles of imperfections. but most of all, the lights.

the lights covered all of the houses. these people must have planned for months, to get the perfection that was these gorgeous twinkling lights.

"woah." karl's hand, which has now moved to cover deja, which makes her heart skip a beat, squeezes hers lightly. the light reflects on his face, and deja studies it, looking at the little imperfections.

"yeah." she squeezes his hand again, as the car revs back to life as karl slowly lays on the gas. still studying the lights, but watching the road, he drives slowly with one hand down the road. deja's eyes wander down to karl's hand. larger than hers, although not by much, it engulfed hers. he had a small scar next to his knuckle, and a tattoo on his finger, around the meat of his palm.

they finally make it through the suburb. the silent ride was comfortable. the heat was blasting, but not too blasting. karl pulled up to an overlook spot. the lights still show, but lightly. the random scattering of houses made the lights even more scarce, and by the time they made it there were no lights.

"deja, you know i love you right?"

he's said it so many times but it makes her heart jump.

"yes karl, why?"

her mind panicked, but the reassuring squeeze from karl calmed her.

"i just wanted to make sure."

he smiled over at her, his perfect teeth, his perfect face, his perfect everything. she smiles back, although it's weak, it's a real one.

"karl?"

"yes, deja?"

"i love you."

"i love you too, deja."

deja vu; karl jacobsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara