Chapter 9

EN

MTLNovel

Home » The First Veterinarian of the Empire TFVE » Chapter 9: Doctor Pei clocks in on the ninth day

The First Veterinarian of the Empire Chapter 9: Doctor Pei clocks in on the ninth day

« PrevNext »≡ Table of Contents

Settings

After leaving the conch house, they planned to go back to the forest and find the terrestrial cubs to play for a while.

Along the way, Pei Zhou was chatting with Dean Kakapo. After spending a long time with the cubs, he became a little curious about the cubs' experience.

Pei Zhou: "How did these cubs become orphans?"

Dean Kakapo carried his hands on his back: "Of course it's a war. We have fought the Zerg for nearly a hundred years. The number of beasts who die on the battlefield every year is not counted. There are now thousands of military orphanages in the interstellar world. And we are the third one built, with a long history..."

"Then...is the mermaid cub also a war orphan? I think it has been talking about mother." Pei Zhou was very impressed by the arrogant little mermaid.

"She..." Dean Kakapo hesitated a little, and finally told the truth: "She is not, her father is the royal family of the Heidi la Mermaid. But her mother is the bottom commoner of the Hetila Mermaid... The strength of the phonological abilities of the mermaid is closely related to the purity of the bloodline. In order to maintain the purity of the bloodline, they prohibit the royal mermaid from marrying the low-level civilians."

Pei Zhou frowned: "Is there any other saying?"

Kakapoin nodded and said: "Have you noticed that all the mermaids on the interstellar, their hair color is the same as the color of their tail, like the father of the little mermaid, is the royal family with blonde hair and golden tail, her Civilian mother, her hair color and tail color are pink."

Pei Zhou thought about the little girl he saw, and said uncertainly: "But I remember that the little mermaid's hair is golden, but its tail is...pink?"

Dean Kakapo sighed: "This is the problem. Because of the inconsistent hair color and tail color, she was originally rejected as an outlier, not to mention that she never learned the singing of the mermaid, and was eventually expelled by the mermaid. . Her mother sent her here..."

Obviously both parents were sent to the orphanage.

Pei Zhou clenched his fists, he didn't know how to describe his feelings at the moment, but he felt a sense of depression in his chest, and he didn't vomit: "What about her father?"

Dean Kakapo spread his hands: "I haven't seen that royal mermaid, but..."

He lowered his voice and said: "The cost of building this conch pavilion was paid by that person, and there would be a lot of coins there every month, so the little mermaid's material life is very abundant."

Pei Zhou was silent for a while, "Fortunately, there is no scum."

Dean Kakapo gave a wry smile: "What else can it do?"

"I can see that the little mermaid really treats you as a grandfather." Pei Zhou turned his head and looked at Dean Kakapo with a clear gaze: "So, we can be the person who accompanies her in her life. In front of us, it doesn't matter if she can learn to sing, right?"

Dean Kakapo carried his hands on his back: "Of course, there are more orcs with ambivalence in the interstellar, I won't mind it, and even if one day, there will be no more money, it doesn't matter... It's just a little mermaid, and I can't afford it."