SP :; 6

"Violent lightning hit my fragile glass. Questioning again in this dark chamber with a candle; Is this what I really obtained?"

The man closed the decrepit epistle with a sigh.

"You really have much more to learn, your highness." Guoshi held a hand, eyes in a crescent moon shape indicating that he must be smiling.

Mu Qing puffed out a breath, grabbing the hand and stood up sluggishly. "You've been pushing papers more than pushing blades. How would I learn." He asks rhetorically, arching a brow.

Guoshi laughed, picking up the fallen training sword before carefully putting the shattered pieces in its sheath. "We need to work this-" He taps at his own temple. "Before we work with this." He gestures towards the arm that held his sword.

The silverette simply rolled his eyes, "Sure." Fixing his sleeves and ponytail that had gone crooked in their fight. "I'm go-"

"The king has called for you." Guoshi casts him a side-long glance, eyes empty.

"We had just talked earlier-"

"He found out about your daily runs."

"..."

Mu Qing intakes a sharp breath. Costively nodding as he try to sink the words in his mind. Swallowing a tedious lump in his throat, he nods again. It wasn't that he really didn't want his father to know what he'd been doing for the past years of his life, he wasn't worried about it.

What he was worried more about was if his father was suddenly going to forbid him from doing so any further as his destination was usually off the lands of the kingdom itself.

"I see. I'll - I suppose I do need to have a conversation with him."

He contemplates whether to continue inside or not. Stopping infront of the entrance to the throne room that had two guards on each side, not daring to glance at the prince who stood like a statue with a frown. The prince took a deep breath, trudging forward only to step back and march back and forth for the fifth time.

It was nearing dark, his daily run forgotten since missing one day of not freely walking around was not his concern for this time. There's more chance of the king closing the gates and not letting him roam around anymore than the chance of just getting a small chiding. The chance of getting slapped with fresh air without responsibility would cease and he was not ready for that yet.

He wasn't sure if he was ever ready for that; the small amount of freedom he was experiencing - he shudders at the thought of not having it. If his father would, he'd have a whole month of detention without release from arguing and raising his voice in the presence of the royals.

Even if he was a royal himself.

Annoyed and muttering incoherent curses to himself, he pushes the doors open before the guards could. Face indecipherable and eyes glazed with nothing but desolation. Strutting closer to the three thrones with one empty, the frown only deepens once he sees his personal attendant close to one more young lad that he hadn't seen. Considering that his royal servant shouldn't be near anyone but him, he felt dread creep inside. "Fu'qin." He calls, clearing his throat.

"Ah, er'zi, I thought that I have to order someone to seek you out." Mu Liu smiles, one that does not meet his eyes. "Would you care for some tea?" He lifts the teacup off its plate momentarily before taking a sip.

The silverette's eye twitched inconspicuously. Forcing a smile of his own, he shakes his head. "Fu'qin, you have called for me?" He asks instead, pointedly ignoring the offer.